FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team of over 500 employees working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
FreshBooks is looking for a SEM Specialist that will help drive customer and ROI growth for the company. You will collaborate with a cross-functional group of marketers, developers, and data scientists to improve and drive performance at FreshBooks. Reporting directly to the SEM Manager, this is a hands-on role that involves a variety of platforms including Google Ads and Bing Ads.
What you'll do
Strategy development and execution:
- Ensure a deep understanding of the overall business strategy and objectives
- Act as a subject matter expert in paid search marketing, responsible for strategy and best-practices to drive improved performance, supporting all marketing and digital channel efforts to ensure a consistent approach to winning in paid search
- Evaluate current SEM account set up, developing new strategies to increase performance, and proactively presenting those to internal planning teams as required.
- Manage the day to day SEM channel, responding to questions
- Daily, weekly and monthly optimizations including evaluation of ad copy, ad formats, and ad groups as well as implementing negative keywords and bidding strategies.
- Regular analysis of Google analytics and landing pages to determine the impact on overall search results and web traffic
- Direct site tagging strategy, and successfully set up and manage performance-driven campaigns.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting to the internal team with insights, benchmarks, and recommendations on the next steps.
- Write search ad copy as required
Ongoing improvement and evolution of channel offerings:
- Lead the formulation of POV's and collaborate with both internal and external partners to drive adoption of new SEM platform opportunities and industry best practices paying special attention to innovations with respect to targeting/personalization, audiences, measurement, and
- optimization capabilities
- Collaborate with partners to understand Alphas and Betas in the market
- Test and learn new search tactics and bidding strategies, accurate tracking and reporting of those learnings and optimizations back to internal teams and senior leadership
Lead Technical Expertise:
- Ensure a deep familiarity with pixels, their implementation, and test to ensure they are working correctly, including the evolution of campaign tracking/tagging, etc.
- Recognize and troubleshoot data anomalies with vendors and internal teams as needed.
- Build exceptional proficiency of the team with SQL, reporting tools, and web analytics (Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Bing, SEMRush etc.).
Manage the financial health of the channel through:
- Accurate execution of media budgets and management of monthly Targets
- Forecasting budgets and pacing ensuring reporting/reforecasting as needed
- Timely approval & reconciliation of media invoices
What you will bring
- 3+ years of experience managing paid search campaigns in an in-house or agency role
- Advanced knowledge of Google suite, third party management systems and data handling
- Strong proficiency and understanding of Google AdWords, Bing ads, and Apple search ads
- Experience at a startup, SaaS company or B2B online acquisition is nice to have
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Advanced Excel knowledge, including pivot tables
We think you’ll be an amazing fit for this position if you have
- A passion for keeping current with with the latest developments in your field
- An understanding of Customer Lifetime Value, CPA, and ROI in customer acquisition
- A natural curiosity
Why Join Us?
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help shape how we build an elite software start-up right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today. A member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org .