FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries, with offices in the U.S., Netherlands and Croatia.
The Opportunity - Product Manager, Payments
FreshBooks is looking for a Product Manager to help reshape the world to meet the needs of small business owners and entrepreneurs - our customers. In this role, you will be focused on our Payments offerings - helping our customers get paid quickly with the methods that meet their unique needs. If you're passionate about taking on big challenges head on, delivering simply amazing experiences for our customers, and ready to back it up with results for our business — this job is for you.
What you have:
- 2+ years experience with merchant and/or consumer payment technology.
- 3+ years proven work experience in product management (founder or growth-stage company experience a plus)
- Technically savvy and comfortable working with a team of developers to understand the challenges and trade offs that come with building your product so that you are able to agree on the best approach.
- You're a passionate leader and an excellent communicator, with a keen eye for great UX
- The ability to think “big picture” and develop a compelling vision for your product or feature
- You’re not a project manager, but you’re not afraid to act like one — be willing to roll up your sleeves to help your team get things done
- A history of bringing major features to market fast, and iterating based on customer feedback (familiarity with “lean” methodologies a plus)
- Shown ability to develop compelling go-to-market strategies across multiple channels, and measure your impact
- Experience in software development and web technologies — you don’t write the code, but you can ask questions and understand how the tech stack impacts your product
- Experience working with Consumer facing products
What you’ll do:
- Spend time with customers to develop a deep empathy for the challenges of small businesses, and be able to document, analyze, and synthesize their needs into a compelling product vision
- Work hand in hand with your designer to explore, critique, and test designs with real customers to translate customer insights into simple, effective UX
- Be the leader of our product, and voice of the customer within your scrum team, so everyone knows what they’re building and why
- Ensure the team's always working on the most important things, knows what's next, and knows when they're done — this means planning sprints, and writing user stories
- Make the thousands of unsexy decisions, and shoulder the dirty work — reviewing legal contracts, copy, support issues, etc. — that helps your team charge forward without stall
- Collaborate with partners in marketing, support, and beyond (think C-Suite) to develop and deliver on our customer life cycle
- Understand the unit economics of our business, know which one you’re trying to impact, and how to know if you’re successful
- Be responsible for your results and report out to partners and execs on the adoption, engagement uptake of products launched in-market
- Be the team's primary communicator and presenter, ensuring the rest of the org, executives, and other stakeholders are made aware of all major decisions and their implications
What we can promise you:
- A dedicated and talented product team that employs lean agile practices to deliver game-changing experiences.
- A Sr. Product Manager and Director with deep industry expertise to help you hone your craft in the ways of product management, business planning, and payments.
- An incredible growth opportunity; you’ll learn a lot about what it takes to ship great software -- and you’ll learn it from the best people out there.
- The opportunity to deliver product features that instantly get used by millions of users around the world. We follow user-centered design in everything we do, and you’ll be spending your first month on our support team (as all new FreshBookers do), just talking to them.
- An opportunity to contribute to an award-winning Product Development team where data and research matter more than opinions.
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto. Plus, we are a pretty fun team and often have the best snacks in the building.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.