FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Data Analyst, Marketing Acquisition
The Analyst will enable FreshBooks reporting and help to derive insights from website, event, campaign and customer web and product interaction data to improve the volume and quality of acquired trailers, determine growth opportunities, understand the customer journey and major drop-offs.
The right person for the job will love to solve a problem and have a knack for translating data into insight and presenting that information to stakeholders. You will be collaborating with managers and a team that includes other analysts, data scientists, marketers, financial analysts, and developers all working together to drive growth at FreshBooks.
What you'll do:
- Complete regular ad-hoc / deep-dive analyses by translating raw data into useable information and insights
- Build dashboards for core performance metrics/monitor KPI’s
- Channel level reporting on trends in acquisition performance
- Support with A/B testing for campaign treatments
- Content / Webpage reviews and analyses
- Work independently & with engineering to ensure the integrity of data flows / transfers
- Monitor changes in usage behaviours (organically and due to marketing)
- Performance evaluations of various customer segments
- Assist with GTM tagging, maintenance and general organization
- Consult with internal clients to gather requirements, scope & execute
- Complex, long-term analyses on visitor trends and performance impacts
- Communicate results and recommended analyses/approaches to stakeholders
What you bring:
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL is required
- Minimum 2-3 years in data analytics/business intelligence
- Knowledge of Google Analytics data, and/or similar web analytics tools
- Strong knowledge of one or more visualization tools such as Looker, Tableau etc.
- Quantitative background with strong analytical skills
- Experience working with relational databases
- Familiarity with the marketing campaign and/or web data is preferred
- Python knowledge is an asset
- Google Tag Manager experience is an asset
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.