FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team of over 500 employees working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses and their accountants and bookkeepers better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
We envision this Partner Consultant as a critical member of our growing Accountant Channel. Success in the role centres around your ability to connect and collaborate with new and existing Partners of the Accounting Professionals Program to ensure an optimal experience with us. On a daily basis, this looks like being the primary person responsible for finding solutions, offering resources, providing consulting, and demonstrating the value of our product, services and the partner program. Reporting to the Head, Accountant Channel, the ideal candidate enjoys meeting new people and continuously looks for opportunities to introduce accounting professionals to the program, discuss how the platform can be beneficial to the growth and development of their practice, and share the benefits of using FreshBooks in collaboration with their clients.
What you'll do
- Uncover and enlist new accounting professionals in the accounting partners program by reaching out to inbound leads and also by prospecting for potential partners
- Establish a pipeline of new accounting professionals using telephone, email, social media, virtual events and in person meetings (once resumed)
- Build trusted relationships with accounting professionals in the Program and enthusiastically support their use of FreshBooks with their clients
- Consult with Partners in the program, providing them with assistance, resources, education, practice development consulting, and creative solutions
- Work across departments including the marketing, product, and support teams to ensure proper and successful implementation, and ensure that accountant feedback is received and responded to internally
- Operate as an advocate and an ambassador for the accountant program both within the company and within the accounting community
- This role may require some travel once post COVID-19 travel and gathering restrictions
What you'll need
- 2-3 years of B2B consultative sales experience (preferably in the accounting industry) with a proven track record of overachieving your quotas
- Undergraduate degree
- Natural ability to reach out to new leads and make new connections
- A strong sense of ownership coupled with great adaptability
- Ability to consistently find ways to meet and surpass your goals
- Adept at adjusting “on the fly” in order to meet partner requirements
- Capable of compiling feedback from customers and passing it on accordingly
- Tendency to always be on the lookout for ways to improve and refine within the role
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Strong business acumen with the desire to create a top notch partner experience
- Open to feedback from leadership and eager to grow within the channel
- Excellent presentation skills (online and in person)
- Permanently located in US or Canada
Nice to have
- Experience in bookkeeping, accounting, SaaS and/or payments processing industries
- A passion for the cloud accounting industry and utilizing technology to enhance the relationships between accounting professionals and business owners
- Familiarity with Salesforce
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, coupled with a desire to contribute to the evolution of the accounting industry.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.