FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team of over 500 employees working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses and their accountants and bookkeepers better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
As Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for working with your team to grow the Accounting Partners within the FreshBooks Accountant Channel. In this role, you will be a part of the Accountant Channel Partner Growth team and you will work closely with cross-functional teams to find opportunities for growth and execute against them. Reporting to the Head, Accountant Channel, you will bring these opportunities to life, collaborate cross functionally with most of the marketing organization: our Web team, our Creative Services team, and our Performance team, are a few examples.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who takes initiative, enjoys creative problem solving, and has a knack for rallying a team. This individual also has experience managing through the execution of marketing plans, from kick-off, to measurement, and through to lessons learned. Finally, the ideal candidate has a mindset of deep ownership and accountability, where no job is too big or too small if it can lead to uncovering growth.
What you’ll do:
Know the Accountant Channel inside-out
- Analyse market trends, competitive activity, and results data to find insights that uncover growth opportunities
- Lead ongoing learning about our accountants and bookkeepers through research, partner meetings, and field research to ensure we keep our finger on the pulse of our accounting partners and their clients
Develop growth plans
- Collaborate with your team and various cross-functional teams to design marketing campaigns, programs, and always-on activity that will drive significant growth in the Accounting Partner Program
- Understand market dynamics and make recommendation on our program offerings, benefits, and packaging to ensure we remain competitive in the accounting industry
Lead implementation of growth strategies
- Lead the campaign process of a cross-functional group of experts for campaign and always-on activity and continuously collaborate with the group to optimize how we go to market - this includes briefing, creative feedback, etc.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to bring to market plans for the partner program, education, engagement community, customer matching and co-marketing opportunities, leading communications and project managing
- Lead tracking and sharing of results; working with our data team to shape our metrics, budgets, and targets and measuring against them
- Other duties as assigned
What you have
- 2+ years experience developing and executing marketing campaigns and projects to deliver user growth
- BA/BS/BCom in a related field preferred
- Track record of delivering results through influencing cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated success in deploying and executing end-to-end marketing plans
- Experience with analyzing customer data and understanding customer behaviour to find insights
- Excellent problem solving, quantitative and analytical skills
- Demonstrated success at a consumer-facing company, management consultancy or a growing SaaS company
- Excellent communication, collaboration and influencing skills
- Commitment to working in a diverse and inclusive organization
Nice to Have
- Salesforce Admin level skills
- You’ve worked at a rapidly growing technology startup
- Experience in marketing a partner program experience
- Experience with the accounting industry a bonus
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity
Why Join Us?
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to our accounting partners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company and partner program could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.