FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity: Program Specialist - Accounting
The Program Specialist assists in running the Accounting program within Support. You will be responsible for delivering on FreshBooks’ Four Es – Executing Extraordinary Experiences Everyday – for both our employees and our customers around the accounting features of the FreshBooks product.
Your role’s primary function is to help our customers and their Accountants learn, understand, and use FreshBooks’ Accounting features to successfully run their business. You will achieve this by speaking directly to customers, improving the Support team’s knowledge, implementing effective processes, and using data and feedback to improve the program for Support and the customer.
The Program Specialist reports to a manager in Support and works on deliverables with various members of Support management and Product Development teams.
What you’ll do:
- Help our (incredible!) customers and their accountants learn, understand and use FreshBooks’ Accounting features to successfully run their business - via the phone, email or in-person
- Be the subject matter expert in Support and seek to know all that is knowable about Accounting & how it works in FreshBooks
- Assist the Support team with tricky customer questions & escalations
- Working with the Product Manager of Accounting, utilize your strong interpersonal skills to facilitate close relationships with leads in departments across FreshBooks.
- Build & facilitate training for the Support team
- Collaborate with our Support Quality Analyst to develop initiatives to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction
We think you'll be an amazing fit for this position if:
- University undergraduate degree & CPA designation (or pursuing) preferred
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- You have a passion for helping & teaching others
- You have at least two years of professional experience in bookkeeping or accounting, experience with self-employed professionals an asset
- You have experience with other Accounting Software (QuickBooks, Xero)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- You are a self-starter & love to innovate
- You are a problem solver who loves to get curious and doesn’t shy away from tough issues
- Keen to join a team with FUN as a core value
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org