FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an extraordinary online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity: Data Project Manager
FreshBooks is growing and looking for a Data Project Manager to help reshape the world to meet the needs of our customers: small business owners and entrepreneurs. In this role, you will manage data ingestion and consumption works streams, serving data for multiple transformational initiatives across all lines of business. This role sits within The Data Products team, which is responsible for central management, coordination and monitoring of our data product releases and strategic projects, while also helping to build next-generation systems, processes and culture at FreshBooks. The projects you'll be managing include cloud-based service solution implementations and data systems and ML product integrations.
If you're passionate about taking on big challenges head-on, delivering simply amazing experiences for our customers, and ready to back it up with results for our business — this job is for you.
What you'll do:
- Create, own and be responsible for project plans that help to scale and grow our data estate
- Define project scope and objectives, success criteria and disseminate statuses to involved stakeholders throughout the project life cycle
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, project costs and risks
- Conduct business analysis, feasibility studies and vendor selection (e.g. RFI to RFQ)
- Plan, schedule and manage project timelines and milestones
- Effective, timely and clear communication of project expectations and status
- Monitor and report on key business risks and make recommendations with managers for mitigation to reduce risk.
- Prepare reports regarding the status of the project.
- Develop and manage the detailed schedule, identify early warning indicators, provide direction for early resolution of risks, issues and clear escalation path for product teams
- Interact and coordinate between business departments (e.g. HR, IT etc) and external vendors to define, manage and control projects so they are delivered on time and on budget
- Documentation of business and technical requirements, coordination of all aspects of the project life-cycle including implementation of change control procedures or required training to support the adoption of new any new processes or tools
- Work with members of the Data org to develop and continually improve project/ programme controls, methods and tools.
What you have:
- Minimum of 4+ years experience helping to deliver a variety of business projects with a proven track record of delivery excellence
- Strong knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques, and tools
- Experience executing projects using different frameworks or approaches (e.g. SDLC to Agile)
- Demonstrated ability to monitor and control projects, providing regular updates in verbal or written forms
- Ability to apply analytical methods to develop or assess evaluation criteria
- Solid facilitation skills and proven experience managing external vendors
- Ability to communicate with non-technical and technical people
- Exceptional influencing and presentation skills in all aspects of project management
The following would be considered advantageous in an applicant:
- Experience using a variety of project methodologies and frameworks such as Agile, Scrum or Kanban
- Relevant Professional qualifications e.g. PMP or Prince 2
- Experience with process change management or process improvement
- The candidate should have prior knowledge or experience of RFI procurement processes
What we can promise you:
- A dedicated and talented product team that employs lean-agile practices to deliver game-changing experiences.
- An incredible growth opportunity; you’ll learn a lot about what it takes to ship great software -- and you’ll learn it from the best people out there.
- The opportunity to deliver product features that instantly get used by millions of users around the world. We follow the user-centred design in everything we do, and you’ll be spending your first month on our support team (as all new FreshBookers do), just talking to them.
- An opportunity to contribute to an award-winning Product Development team where data and research matter more than opinions
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.