FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries, with offices in the U.S., Netherlands and Croatia.
The Opportunity - IT Desktop Support Specialist
"Hello IT, have you tried turning it off and on again?"
We're looking for an IT Desktop Support Specialist to help everyone here do amazing things and to keep up with the needs of our rapidly expanding company. If you're the type of person who can make recalcitrant computers do your bidding, pull solutions for new issues out of your sleeve, and enjoy interacting with humans as much as with computers, this might be the role for you! (Even if hidden up your sleeve is a well-written Google search.)
In this role, you will:
- Triage IT support tickets, questions, and walk-up requests, resolving some and escalating the rest to other team members
- Set up laptops, user accounts, email, and phones for new hires
- Assist users with common desktop programs, including Google Workspace, Microsoft Office, Slack, and Zoom
- Diagnose and repair software and hardware problems on office desktops and laptops running MacOS and Windows.
- Configure office network devices and troubleshoot wired and wireless network problems
- Handle warranty and out-of-warranty service requests and maintain inventory of hardware, licenses and accessories, requesting purchases when necessary
- Maintain and improve documentation on our internal IT process wiki
- Deal with vendors and end users for shipping/receiving equipment
- Assist with other IT tasks and projects as needed
We need you to have:
- Experience configuring, troubleshooting and maintaining Mac and Windows desktops and laptops
- Ability to convey technical concepts to users in a friendly, professional and helpful manner
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to work with minimal supervision
- Basic familiarity with Google applications and Google Workspace
- Basic familiarity with Linux, the MacOS command line, or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP and Ethernet networks (switches, VLANs)
- Ability to lift and move equipment up to 50 lbs.
We'd like you to have:
- Hands-on experience with desktop imaging and MDM software (e.g. Mosyle, JMAF, etc)
- Experience with IT ticketing systems (eg. Jira, ServiceNow, ZenDesk, etc)
- A knack for finding the perfect answer to a problem you've never seen before
- Experience managing users and computers in an enterprise environment through access management best practices and tools (eg. Okta, SailPoint, Active Directory, etc)
- Experience in inventory management, procurement, and/or logistics
- Experience with office phone systems
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eye’s laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
Here at FreshBooks, we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Should you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, please advise your recruiter on how we can meet your needs to ensure a fair and equitable selection process in a confidential manner.