FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity - Senior Front-End Engineer
FreshBooks is looking for a Senior Front-End Engineer who will play a hands-on role in driving our mission to build a world-class technology company with a global footprint. You will be instrumental in playing a vital role that impacts the lives of millions of small business owners around the world and directly impact customer experiences and businesses. We are looking for people who thrive in a creative, collaborative and agile development environment.
As a Senior Front-End developer you will not only contribute to delivering product features on your team, but also actively work to improve the infrastructure and architecture of our front-end application.
If this appeals to you, please come and chat with us to learn more about how you can become a part of the intrinsically motivated teams of engineers!
What you'll do in your first twelve months at FreshBooks:
- Work in a dynamic Agile based environment both as an individual contributor and as a front-end influencer outside of your team
- You will drive the vision of our large front-end application with multitude of customer features alongside a circle of other front-end engineers
- Collaborate with other cross-functional teams working on features for our customers
- Participate and share your ideas in technical design and architecture discussions
- Work closely with UX designers and Product owners to ensure the best UX for our customers
- Champion and deliver quality through the use of automated testing
- Growing and mentoring other aspiring Front-End engineers in the company
What you have:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in web application development (Agile or Lean environment)
- In depth experience with more than one component-based Front-End frameworks (React, Angular, Vue, Ember)
- Familiarity with continuous integration (or better, continuous delivery) and automated build pipelines (we use Jenkins)
- Anticipate the impact of emerging technologies and make adjustments
- Experience addressing Front-End performance challenges
- Experience implementing metrics for tracking performance and error rates
- Understanding of build systems, front-end tooling, testing and pipelines.
- Experience using REST and JSON APIs
- Experience with Docker
- A long-standing habit of continuous learning, and of applying new technologies, architectures, and methodologies to improve the code and Engineering organization
Nice to have:
- Strong pair programming or mob programming skills
- Experience in A/B testing
- Experience with micro-frontends
- Experience with Python and (or) Ruby
- Basic knowledge of relational databases
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eye’s laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.