FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity - Support Specialist
Here at FreshBooks, we believe that the best customer service is delivered by a Support team that is engaged in their work and excited to be helping our customers. Our Support Team is not an afterthought - we consider them crucial to our success as a company. We have developed a team (70+) with lots of growth potential for those whose passion it is to dig deep into issues and exceed the expectations of our customers. We are a team of people who will go above and beyond to deliver the best possible customer experience every time!
We have our Headquarters in Toronto, a European team based in Amsterdam and a dispersed team located remotely across Canada. We are currently hiring for remote positions for Saturday to Wednesday 9:00AM-5:00PM in Pacific, Mountain & Central Standard Time (PST/MST/CST) however you can be located remotely anywhere in Canada (except Quebec) to work these hours.
What our Support Specialists do:
- Go to great (perhaps extraordinary!) lengths when answering phone calls and email tickets to help customers find solutions to whatever problem they face (or could face in the future).
- Execute Extraordinary Experiences Everyday! They leave every customer feeling valued and taken care of – we’ve got their back.
Who our Support Specialists are:
- Fantastic Communicators: our Support Specialists interact with our customers more frequently than anyone else, so it’s critical that their messages are accurate, clear and concise. Phones are a big part of this role (we pick up on two rings) so they should enjoy communication on the phone.
- Passionate & Empathetic: they put themselves in the shoes of the entrepreneurs who use FreshBooks, and this drives them to take big steps towards finding a solution for each one of our users.
- Enduring & Resilient: every day, they energetically engage with ~30 customers, each with their own needs and feelings – and they do it all with a smile
- Always Striving for More: they are truly passionate about finding ways to improve our users’ experiences, and they work hard to maintain and grow their knowledge of our product in order to always deliver.
- Problem Solvers: every question has an answer, and our Support Specialists will either find it or create it! “No” is not part of the FreshBooks vernacular. No matter how unconventional a question may seem, our team is happy to tackle it.
- Internet Savvy: our team knows the interwebs and its many applications.
FreshBooks Support WFH requirements:
- Internet service provider (ISP) must be highly stable
- Router with wired connection (Ethernet)
- Internet speed: Minimum download speed of 12 MB and upload speed of 10 MB
It is expected that you have the above internet specifications, at a minimum, in order to support the systems required for your role as a Support Specialist.
If this sounds like you, here’s how to apply:
- We’d love to hear you tell us, in the text box below, why we should hire you?!?
- We’d also like for you to answer the 4 questions listed below. Put yourself in the shoes of our Support Specialists when addressing these customer queries and assume they have all come in via email.
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual
Here at FreshBooks, we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Should you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, please advise your recruiter on how we can meet your needs to ensure a fair and equitable selection process in a confidential manner.