FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Senior Financial Analyst
Reporting to the Controller you will be part of the Accounting, Reporting and Compliance Team. The Senior Financial Analyst will be involved in general accounting functions and preparing month-end internal and external reporting.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare journal entries and perform month-end reconciliations. You are a key player in the month-end close process.
- Prepare monthly internal financial reporting packages for the Executive Team and Board of Directors.
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements including financial statement notes.
- Support in the preparation of the Management Discussion and Analysis (MD&A).
- Analyze financial information and prepare balance sheets, income statements, and other reports to summarize, interpret and make recommendations on current and projected company financial position.
- Assist in the annual preparation and consolidation of the company's budget and report to stakeholders on budget variances.
- Review and implement internal processes, as well as make continuous improvements to financial processes.
- Liaise with external auditors.
You will bring:
- Must be a Qualified CPA, CA with 4-5 years of progressive accounting and reporting experience. Audit firm experience is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of either IFRS or US GAAP.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Advanced abilities with Excel.
- Experience with Netsuite and mySQL an asset.
- Ability to work well cross-functionally.
- Superior analytical skills and a quick study.
- A strong sense of ownership, curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit and business acumen.
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one, right here in Toronto, Canada.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com