FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity - Marketing Manager
As a Marketing Manager, you will be part of the Growth team and will be leading and driving growth in a critical market for FreshBooks. You will be responsible for knowing your segment inside and out, building the growth plan, finding amazing opportunities, and working cross-functionally to bring these opportunities to life!
You will partner and work with most of the FreshBooks team: From Web, to Creative Services, to Performance team, to Sales, to Product and Support.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who takes initiative, enjoys creative problem solving, and has a knack for rallying a team. This individual also has experience managing through the execution of marketing plans, from kick-off, to measurement, and through to lessons learned. Finally, the ideal candidate has a mindset of deep ownership and accountability, where no job is too big or too small if it can lead to uncovering growth.
What you'll do:
Know your segments inside-out
- Analyse market trends, competitive activity, and results data to find insights that uncover growth opportunities
- Lead ongoing learning about our customers through research, customer meetings, and field research to ensure we keep our finger on the pulse of our customers
Develop growth plans
- Collaborate with your team and various cross-functional teams to design marketing campaigns, programs, and always-on activity that will drive significant growth in your segments
- Understand market dynamics and make recommendation on our product offerings, pricing, and packaging to ensure we remain competitive to your segment
Lead implementation of growth strategies
- Lead the campaign process of a cross-functional group of experts for campaign and always-on activity and continuously collaborate with the group to optimize how we go to market - this includes briefing, creative feedback, etc.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to bring to market plans for new programs, such as partnerships, customer engagement programs, and co-marketing opportunities, leading communications and project managing
- Lead tracking and sharing of results; working with our data team to shape our metrics, budgets, and targets and measuring against them
What you have:
- 2+ years experience developing and executing marketing campaigns and projects to deliver user growth
- Track record of delivering results through influencing cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated success in deploying and executing end-to-end marketing plans
- Experience with analyzing customer data and understanding customer behaviour to find insights
- Excellent problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities
- Demonstrated success at a consumer-facing company, management consultancy or a growing SaaS company
- B2C and B2B experience being an asset
- Excellent communication, collaboration and influencing skills
- Commitment to working in a diverse and inclusive organization
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or