FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries, with offices in the U.S., Netherlands and Croatia.
The Opportunity - Community and Content Coordinator
Join us as a Community & Content Coordinator, where you’ll have the opportunity everyday to create compelling community and content experiences for small business owners around the globe. Reporting to the Senior PR Manager, you’ll leverage your top notch communication and project management skills to develop on-brand social media, community and digital content experiences that get results. This role requires creativity, attention to detail, higher than average emotional intelligence, and a strong desire to make genuine connections with small business owners and support their growth and success.
What you’ll do:
- Support the Senior PR Manager with FreshBooks’ community-building strategies, handling day-to-day logistics and community moderation
- Manage social media planning and execution for the business, including the creation, implementation and publishing of diverse, high-quality content that supports the company’s overall brand strategy and business objectives
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to leverage social media content and channels effectively to achieve partnership and campaign goals, supporting a variety of customer segments across different countries
- Collaborate closely with the support team to ensure all questions and comments on FreshBooks social media channels are monitored and responded to as appropriate
- Create monthly and quarterly social media content calendars, and provide monthly performance reports and recommendations
- Write for a variety of channels and formats, including newsletters, social media posts, and long-form content
- Conduct customer interviews to capture diverse lived experiences with enthusiasm, tact, and empathy
- Provide support to the Communications team with various projects and department campaigns
We think you’ll be an amazing fit for this position if you have:
- A post-secondary education in marketing, communications, or a related field
- 2+ years experience in marketing, communications, or community building
- A strong desire to connect with and make a difference in the lives of small business owners around the world
- Demonstrated experience with community building initiatives, and familiarity with community platform technologies (Khorus, Vanilla Forums, etc.)
- A detailed understanding of social media platforms, including Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook
- Demonstrated experience working with social media listening and scheduling tools such as Hootsuite
- Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal, with strong attention to detail and proofreading skills
- Examples of previous written work - for example: newsletters, social posts, or blogs/articles
- A passion for telling compelling, human-centered stories
- Proven organization and project management skills
- Experience using data/analytics to measure the effectiveness of your work and make data-driven recommendations
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, or other tools used to create visually appealing social media content
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in Toronto, Canada.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.