FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003, but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: reshaping the world for small business owners and their teams. Known for extraordinary customer experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
As an Analyst within FreshBooks’ sales operations organization, you will be tasked with bridging the gap between sales and marketing through demand generation. Specifically, lead and prospect data sourcing, cleansing, loading, and reporting. Reporting to the Sales Operations Manager, you bring expertise in data analysis and will work closely with marketing and sales teams to understand their existing lead generation process and requirements.
The ideal candidate will have experience with, and a keen interest in using the latest data sourcing and reporting technologies. Success in the role also requires good communication skills and the ability to work independently.
What You’ll Do:
- Establish relationships with sales and marketing stakeholders to support their projects.
- Source data from internal and external partners and solutions. Cleanse then load data into the CRM system for lead generation by Business Development, Sales, and Marketing teams.
- Report on task status and performance of lead generation by sales and business development teams.
- Work with Sales Operations team members to help address business needs within the context of sourcing data for related projects and assigned tasks.
- Communicate task progress and regular updates. This includes managing your daily tasks and setting expectations with project leaders.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Have:
- Ability to collect and evaluate business requirements from stakeholders and project leads with limited guidance from project leaders.
- Experience juggling projects and tasks assigned. Includes flexibility and willingness to prioritize as business requirements change.
- Experience working alongside sales, marketing, product, or business development teams.
- Experience in independently sourcing data and writing status reports on progress using Excel, PPT, or Data Visualization tools.
What You’ll Bring:
- Data Analyst, Business Analyst, or Technical Support Analyst experience. ( 1+ years preferred, preferably in a SaaS environment).
- Data Analyst Certification.
- CRM experience (e.g. Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, etc.) preferred but not required. (1+ years experience).
- Database, Reporting, Data Visualization, Data ETL/ELT, experience. (1+ years preferred).
- Software programming skills such as database, scripting, procedural, or an object oriented language.
- Expert level Excel skills, specifically functions and in reporting.
- Exceptional Analytical and Research Skills.
- Strong internal customer service skills, excellent collaborator and team player.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment with changing priorities.
What we can promise you:
- We follow user-centered design in everything we do, and you’ll be spending your first 3 weeks on our support team, just talking to customers.
- An incredible growth opportunity; this is an opportunity to help us scale the impact of insight across our organization.
- Commitment and belief in data analysis; this is an opportunity to contribute to an operation where data and research matter more than opinions.
- A great work experience. Competitive benefits and employee perks, plenty of fun and work, s and team members who take pride in their work without ego, all in one of the most unique work cultures out there.
Why Join Us:
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.