FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries, with offices in the U.S., Netherlands and Croatia.
The Opportunity - Senior IT Specialist
The IT Team is responsible for the availability, integrity, confidentiality and performance of the systems used by FreshBookers to provide outstanding support to our amazing customers, support the development and delivery of our leading SaaS accounting application, and scale and grow the company. These systems include; collaboration and communication (voice, video, chat), email, identity and access management, networking, desktop and mobile devices, as well as many SaaS services that cross a broad spectrum of uses.
As a Senior IT Specialist on the IT Team, we expect you to lead initiatives that improve the services we deliver to our internal customers, promote standardized methodologies and industry best practices, while providing mentorship to other members of the team. You’ll also join our on-call rotation to provide support outside of normal business hours.
What you believe:
- A team can produce more than any individual
- Customer Service is not a Department
- Complete is greater than done
- The basics aren’t boring
- Success should be shared and failure should be owned
- The details are delightful
What you have:
- You’ve done this before – you’ve had at least five years of experience dealing with IT systems in a customer service focused environment.
- A deep curiosity that motivates you to keep on top of technical trends and informs your ability to suggest tools and approaches to interesting problems.
- A passion for customer service and the ability to empathize with and communicate clearly to all parts of the business.
- A strong understanding of process and system flow mapping in complex systems, with an emphasis on data flow and system interdependence.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- System administration skills – deploying and supporting desktop and mobile devices within a centrally managed framework. Knowledge of the Apple ecosystem is preferable.
- Scripting & programming skills – shell (bash, sh) and at least one other relevant language (Python, Powershell, Terraform), with an emphasis on Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and RESTful APIs.
- Familiarity with IT Service Delivery methodologies.
- A deep familiarity with several, and at least an understanding of most of the technologies we use: Operating systems (macOS, Windows, Linux/*nix), Device Management (Mosyle, Intune), Code & Version Management (Git), Cloud Infrastructure (VMware, Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services), Management & Monitoring, Identity & Access Management (Okta, Active Directory), Collaboration & Communication (VoIP, Zoom, Avaya IP Office), Productivity & Workflow (G Suite, O365, Confluence, Jira), Application Servers (nginx, Apache, MySQL), Networking & Security (TCP/IP, DNS, TLS, SSL Certificates, Anti-malware, WiFi, Cisco)
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.