FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries, with offices in the U.S., Netherlands and Croatia.
The Opportunity - Digital Content Producer (12 Month Contract)
The Digital Content Producer will be responsible for creating videos and webinars that attract and serve growth-minded small business owners around the globe. Reporting directly to the Director, Communications the successful candidate will work closely with stakeholders from across the marketing department to ensure your content reach and effectiveness is maximized.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the ideation and planning of a content calendar, including videos and webinars, that attract and serve small business owners around the globe.
- Research areas of interest and possible topics and themes for digital content and garner internal support for the concepts through influencing and presenting.
- Produce on-brand digital content from beginning to end (pitch, script, produce, edit).
- Work comfortably in front of the camera as a live host AND behind the scenes bringing content to life.
- Liaise across teams to ensure paid and organic promotion plans are executed effectively to maximize the potential for each piece of content or campaign produced.
- Track and analyze content results, and continuously recommend improvements to optimize performance.
- Stay on top of industry trends as an early adopter of emerging content trends and tools.
We think you’ll be an amazing fit for this position if you have:
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience working across the full lifecycle of digital content (pitching, scripting, production, editing). A background in journalism would be a plus.
- The ability to host live and pre-recorded online events and deliver engaging content to a diverse small business owner audience. You are a confident and enthusiastic public speaker and host.
- A perfectionist streak when it comes to writing, editing, producing and presenting on-brand content across media.
- Experience with visual effects and video/audio editing tools (ex. Adobe Creative Suite).
- Sound knowledge and standards using all necessary video (audio) equipment for all forms of media.
- Demonstrated experience working with online event and webinar tools such as Zoom, Splash, etc.
- Experience with using video to drive engagement across various social media platforms.
- The ability to work within tight deadlines, adapt to change and feedback, prioritize competing issues, and manage diverse projects.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate effectively across teams and levels as needed.
- BONUS: Experience working on B2B content.
- BONUS: Experience working on the Youtube platform, including an understanding of its content algorithm.
Along with your resume and cover letter, please include examples of video and webinar content you’ve created and any audio/video that showcases your public speaking skills and style.
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in Toronto, Canada.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.