The Opportunity – UX/UI Designer
Want to work on a product that improves the lives of other designers? Join one of our Product Development teams as a User Experience Designer, defining experiences our customers will use to run their small businesses better. You'll work with world-class team members on teams that ship real software to customers every week. You will learn, embrace, and extend the user experience design principles and patterns that make our product a joy to use. As a member of one of our agile teams, you'll tackle aggressive sprint schedules (married with design thinking) to deliver outstanding experiences, but you'll also have dedicated time for high level explorations and cross disciplinary collaboration with other designers and peers across all of FreshBooks.
Our UX/UI designers work as full stack designers, meaning that you'll handle everything on a project from initial research through to prototyping, testing, and the design of a final, shippable UI.
Specifically in this position you will:
- Seek to deeply understand the problems you're solving for our customers, and explore multiple high-level approaches to solving them.
- Create consistent, high quality user interface mockups/walk-throughs for review with peers and design leads.
- Design prototypes and perform usability testing on design work completed by your team and others.
- Report on usability test results to your team and design leads.
- Take an iterative approach to design based on user feedback and peer review.
- Critique your peers' experiences to help them improve their craft.
- Contribute to our Design Standards, UX Guidelines, and UX Patterns.
We think you'll be an amazing fit for this position if your application can demonstrate:
- Experience as a User Experience Designer working on a world-class product or online service.
- A true focus on the customer- you make your design decisions based on data, testing and other validated feedback
- A passion for the "why" of Design, as well as the "what".
- An egoless attitude toward design and a passion to learn and grow every day
Read more about the design challenges we face on our medium blog.
Does this sound like it might be worth exploring? Submit your application today, and our friendly recruitment team will be in-touch shortly.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.