The Opportunity - Engineering Manager
As an Engineering Manager at Facturama, you'll lead and manage our development team and help accelerate their execution. As a guide in the development and delivery of online service software and customer growth initiatives, your extraordinary technology skills will help guide your teams through complex and ambiguous environments towards simple and elegant implementations.
You're already a skilled Leader for a group of Developers, able to recruit new talent and champion development teams and their Leaders. Your technical experience with large-scale web technologies allows you to lead by example. Strong communication and interpersonal skills allow you to effectively influence across an organization. In all areas, you're able to anticipate and plan for the future.
Facturama is based in Mexico and is part of the FreshBooks family of products helping self-employed professionals manage their business and thrive. This position requires solid written and verbal communication skills in both Spanish and English.
What you'll do:
- Own, drive and be accountable for technical execution by leading a group of developers and by working with other product development disciplines
- Expertly lead by example and manage a group of developers and technical leads
- Set, maintain and raise the level of technical excellence across your group and the entire development organization
- Work closely with other Facturama groups beyond engineering to build a world-class engineering organization - this includes working with FreshBooks engineering leaders around the world
- Attract and recruit talent across the organization to help execute the Facturama mission
- Anticipate and prepare for the future - technology, people, culture and process
What you have:
- Proven engineering management experience, either with an organization of 10 or more developers or over a period of at least 1 to 2 years
- Technical expertise in one or more relevant areas, particularly the design, implementation and maintenance of web services
- Experience with either C#, Java or a similar language, REST APIs, SqlServer or other relational databases, Android and/or iOS development, testing automation, continuous integration and build pipelines
- A history of establishing teams by developing leaders and recruiting exceptional talent
- The ability to influence an organization through exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- A demonstrated ability to anticipate the future, navigate ambiguity, develop plans and successfully execute over multiple quarters
- A love of learning, a constant drive for self-improvement and a desire to help everyone be better
What you may have:
- Experience working with Scrum or Agile teams
- Knowledge of some or all of: .NET core, C#, REST APIs, ReactJS, React native or similar technology, SQL server, Objective-C (iOS), SOAP services, Cloud Platforms like GCP (or AWS) or similar development technologies
- MXN$40,000 up to MXN$45,000 gross / month
- Social Security
- 8 days vacation first year (not cumulative) and vacation bonus
- 15 days December bonus
- Life insurance MXN$250,000 - in case of accident MXN$500,000
- Private health insurance (individual)
- If any, profit sharing (PTU)
- Welcome kit and swag
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.