FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an extraordinary online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Role & Candidate:
Reporting to the CCO, the (S)VP of Global Sales will be responsible for evolving and refining the go-to-market strategy for FreshBooks, defining target segments, sales channels and developing long-term relationships with the right customers. This senior leader will help shape the Global sales organization into a high-growth, high-performance and customer-centric team. In addition, the (S)VP will steer a well-managed, high-performing and exceptional sales team to meet and exceed sales revenue targets and profitability.
The ideal candidate is a highly inspiring, strategic-thinking Sales Executive who possesses a pioneering attitude with superior business and sales acumen. The successful candidate will have vision and charisma to provide an executive presence for FreshBooks customers, employees & partner relationships. The (S)VP of Global Sales will be self motivated to take on new initiatives, and will be comfortable with ambiguity. An innovative change manager with passion to coach leadership skills in any organization.
In This Role You Will:
- Manage, develop and shape the FreshBooks sales organization through the balancing of employee growth, profitability and revenue expansion.
- Steer a go-to-market strategy to position FreshBooks as a global industry leader, help expand their global footprint across North America, EMEA, and have major input in defining the evolution of the target segment for their product.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Team to develop campaigns, create messaging, presentations, and proposals to reach potential customers.
- Head up the global P&L and reporting across all Sales Performance metrics, to the CCO. The (S)VP is a results-oriented pioneer who is comfortable measuring progress through quota achievement, sales profitability, customer lifetime value, customer acquisition cost, and demonstration of best practices around sales leadership and coaching.
- Identify new business models, sources of revenues, and own the associated business and partnership development along with CMO and other leaders.
- Travel, as needed, to clients, industry events, and FreshBooks locations - expectation is 25% travel (once COVID restrictions have been lifted).
- Steer the sales operations organization to inspire continuous improvement around information flow across the organization.
We Need You to Have:
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA or Masters degree is nice to have.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience as a VP or Head of Global Sales including experiencing growing a multi-million dollar P&L.
- Experienced steering sales organizations in North America, Europe; exposure to Latin America and Asia Pacific is a plus.
- Experience managing sales at a high-growth late stage technology startup with greater than $50M revenues.
- Experience managing global teams of 50+ and working with global stakeholders.
- Highly successful and experienced in B2C and B2B sales practices. Good eye for business opportunities and awareness of financial factors.
- Excellent track record of inspiring and mentoring sales teams across various demographics of age, gender, country, professional experience and performance.
- Highly collaborative, with the ability to work cross-functionally and provide industry insights to various stakeholders across the business.
- A good understanding of SaaS models with the ability to work in a well funded start-up environment that's on a stirring growth path.
- Research and data-driven conviction to identify key performance gaps and go after market opportunities.
- Excellent critical-thinking and interpersonal skills that lead by example.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written skills; the ability to speak to large groups and lead or facilitate sales leadership workshops.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to have an impact on a product that is positively affecting change globally to thousands of small and medium businesses lives every day
- An inclusive environment and diverse global team
- Competitive compensation and total rewards package
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
Here at FreshBooks, we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Should you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, please advise your recruiter on how we can meet your needs to ensure a fair and equitable selection process in a confidential manner.