FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
FreshBooks is seeking a Senior iOS Engineer to join our team. You will mentor and provide technical leadership to other Developers on the team as well as help build new features and update existing ones in our consumer-facing cloud accounting applications. We build a product that helps our customers earn their living and we’re proud of that. If you’re committed to great work and are constantly looking for ways to improve the systems you’re responsible for, we’d love to chat with you!
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with iOS, Android and full-stack developers on the cross-functional Mobile team working on features for our customers
- Work closely with UX designers and Product owners to ensure the best mobile experience for our customers
- Contribute to a large codebase that contains a multitude of customer features
- Be a leader in technical design and architecture discussions
- Be a leader in driving code reviews and coding practices
- Provide coaching to junior developers, and share & learn from your peers
- Develop your craft and build your expertise in iOS development
- Stay on top of the latest technologies in the Apple Ecosystem
What you have:
- iOS enthusiasm
- Expert Swift developer
- Experience with Storyboards
- Experience writing code with UI tests and unit tests for great code coverage
- Experience using GitHub, reviewing code, reviewing PRs, and merging branches
- Experience working with large codebases and writing robust and testable code
- Passion for writing elegant, clean code that values readability over complexity
What you might have:
- Experience with SwiftUI, Realm, RxSwift, and MVVM architecture
- Experience with Python and REST APIs
- Experience profiling performance and memory leaks
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.