FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an extraordinary online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity: Associate Director of Product Marketing (Parental Leave Contract)
At FreshBooks, we are passionate about helping small business owners on their journey of growth. We aim to provide tools and promote habits that help them leap over any stumbling blocks and get back to leading their business forward.
The Product Marketing team shapes this product value for our customers. They deeply understand and empathize with our customers, and build go-to-market strategies that drive awareness, understanding, and growth of new and existing FreshBooks products.
We’re looking for an experienced product marketer to lead an awesome team of product marketers and our go-to-market strategy to support FreshBooks’ growth. This is a contract role with the possibility of converting into a full-time role.
What you'll do: Go-to-Market Strategy & People Leadership
- Lead a team of product marketers, supporting the development of their careers and helping them drive success in their product portfolios.
- Lead the 12-month product positioning, product packaging and global go-to-market strategy in partnership with the Director of Product Marketing and leaders from across the company.
- Use customer insights, data analytics and research to develop go-to-market strategies for major product releases. Your strategies may include the following:
- Market size, demand and trends
- Segment and target audience analysis
- Pricing & packaging recommendations
- Defined customer needs, including user and buyer personas
- Clear product positioning, including features and benefits, and compelling content strategy to help land positioning
- Align and enable cross-functional teams for go-to-market success by establishing strong partnerships and delivering the tools, information, resources, and collateral they need.
- Be a customer advocate and product storyteller. Effectively and clearly convey your message internally across FreshBooks, and externally to customers, partners, and to the industry at events.
What you bring:
- 7-10 years of experience in Marketing, at least 5 years in Product Marketing
- Experience managing and developing a team, while also delivering work yourself. You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty!
- Consistent track record of successfully defining, planning, positioning and launching products to market
- Strategic thinking, ability to understand the “big picture” and use creative problem solving to drive impact & results.
- Experience collaborating with a diverse set of stakeholders and influencing cross-functional teams
- Experience communicating a company’s or product’s unique value proposition to potential customers, partners and market influencers
- Enthusiasm for a fast-paced, collaborative, entrepreneurial and results-driven environment
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.