FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity: Billing Specialist
FreshBooks is looking for a Billing Specialist within our Sales Operations team to help reshape the world to meet the needs of small business owners and entrepreneurs - our customers. In this role, you will be focused on our Subscription Billing & Payments operations - to create frictionless experiences for our customers to subscribe and consume FreshBooks.
In this role, you will develop an extensive knowledge of FreshBooks’ billing platform and all related tools for the processing of “Select” transactions. The successful candidate will jump on opportunities to innovate the current processes and has a high level of ambiguity tolerance toward new ideas and changes to existing billing methods. You must be comfortable with providing feedback to and open communication with sales reps & leaders around work order issues/changes in a constructive and timely fashion. A focus on accuracy, attention to detail, and task prioritization will help lead to success in this role.
If you're passionate about taking on big challenges head on, delivering simply amazing experiences for our customers, and ready to back it up with results for our business — this job is for you.
What You’ll Do
- Reliably embody the values of FreshBook’s PORCHFEST mantra.
- Primary contact for all work orders and billing/payment adjustments required by sales within our “Select” customer base.
- Support sales enablement through the execution of work orders and processing of completed sales transactions.
- Ensure sales managed account work orders are processed in a timely manner. Including but not limited to:
- Billing changes
- Payment processing fee changes
- Payment Gateway migrations.
- Customer Payment and Withdrawal limit updates.
- Bookkeeping-related updates.
- Partner with internal teams to help solve for ‘nuanced’ or ‘special case’ work orders.
- Become proficient in all required sales managed billing systems and processes.
- Deliver Customer and Financial reporting, relative to managed accounts on a per-month basis.
What You’ll Have
- Post secondary Business Administration or Office Administration diploma | degree. Additional Administration Certifications or equivalent.
- 2-3 years experience with a Billing or Configure/Price/Quote system, such as ARIA, Zuora, Salesforce CPQ, Chargebee.
- 2-3 years of experience in a high tech company’s Work Order Processing environment.
- 2-3 years of data entry/clerical experience.
What You’ll Bring
- Ability to successfully navigate and operate various software tools required in processing work orders.
- Strong communication skills tailored to different stakeholders. Exudes confidence and credibility, using various mediums. Up-to-date with relevant information and process knowledge.
- Maintains strong, trusting working relationships with sales, operations, and internal billing teams.
- Analytical & Detail-oriented, able to properly read work order requests and ensure all data inputs are accurate.
- Ability to understand all work order requests and when to escalate to stakeholders.
- Independent and well organized by planning and managing oneself and one’s projects effectively.
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one, right here in Toronto, Canada.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com