FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity - Website Marketing Manager/Web Strategist
FreshBooks is looking for an experienced Website Marketing Manager to lead our efforts in optimizing the performance of our website and landing pages to drive leads into and through the conversion funnel and to help increase integration with our customer data platform that enables increased personalization throughout the site.
The ideal candidate for this role has a strong digital marketing background, a knack for writing effective marketing copy, superior communication skills and a keen sense of UX/UI to drive ideation, decision-making and web journeys. You are obsessed with the customer and creating a frictionless experience for them. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves, and create pages and test a path that is not already in existence. You love ideating, but also executing.
This role sits within the Marketing department reporting to the Director of Lifecycle Marketing and will work closely with all of Marketing, Sales, BD and Product teams.
Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Create strong hypothesis to improve web-to-lead conversion rates using knowledge of usability, design, copywriting and persuasion along with qualitative and quantitative data to support hypothesis
- Lead the website A/B testing program with a focus on implementing strategies that improve the on-site experience
- Conceptualize, develop, and execute measurable and actionable optimization tests designed to increase click-to-conversion rates, reduce CPL and cost of acquisition
- Manage the end-to-end optimization testing process, including prioritization, requirements gathering, implementation, measurement, analysis and next-step recommendations
- Manage and optimize landing pages, website calls-to-action (CTAs), and lead-generating forms to optimize leads
- Influence creative ideation on the site to optimize for organic growth and SEO goals
- Work with research tools to identify online improvement opportunities i.e. usability issues, friction points and high drop off points across the customer journeys for new and existing customers
- Maintain regular communication with key stakeholders on requirements, test plans, live dates and performance.
- Work closely with the Web Services team and integrate workload into their sprints.
- Identify areas within the customer journey that can connect to the CDP for personalized experiences.
- Effectively communicate results, insights, and recommendations to internal teams.
What You Bring:
- 5+ years digital marketing experience with a focus on site experience and conversion rate optimization
- 5+ years of experience building and executing site testing programs and leveraging testing tools such as Optimizely
- Demonstrated experience with test design and experiment planning.
- Proven analytical skills and advanced knowledge of Google Analytics.
- Working knowledge of site optimization, product development, usability or UX.
- Proficiency with analytics tools and web traffic reporting, and ability to do deep data analysis
- Self-starter and learner with a hands-on approach
- Team player that enjoys working with stakeholders to ideate and drive results.
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, strategically, and identify and resolve problems
- Strong organizational, time management, and analytical skills
- Ability to turn complex data and insights into easily understood data stories
- Commitment to working in a diverse and inclusive organization
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one, right here in Toronto, Canada.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org