FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity: Product Marketing Manager
At FreshBooks, we are passionate about helping small business owners on their journey of growth. We aim to provide tools and promote habits that help them leap over any stumbling blocks and get back to leading their business forward.
The Product Marketing Manager deeply understands and empathizes with our customers. They know the market, the competition, and can use their insights to define a strategic vision.
What you'll do:
Analysis, Strategy & Execution
- Build/leverage customer insights, data analytics and market research to guide segment and product go-to-market strategies. Your work may include the following:
- Market sizing, demand and trends
- Competitive intelligence
- Segment and target audience definition
- Pricing and packaging monetization strategy; including regional pricing
- Customer needs definition, including buyer personas and positioning/messaging
- Coordination with business partners to inform and contribute to marketing strategy across the customer lifecycle/journey
- Be a customer advocate and product storyteller. Effectively and clearly convey the value of FreshBooks products and features internally across FreshBooks, and externally to customers, partners, and to the industry at events.
What you bring:
- 5 years of experience in technology Marketing, at least 3 years in Product Marketing
- Highly analytical and detail-oriented, with a passion for digging into data to identify trends
- Ability to leverage data & insights to provide pricing and packaging recommendations
- Strategic thinking, ability to understand the “big picture” and use creative problem solving to drive impact & results
- Customer-centric mindset - your customer is at the centre of everything you do
- Experience collaborating with a diverse set of stakeholders and influencing cross-functional teams
- Experience communicating a company’s or product’s unique value proposition to potential customers, partners and market influencers
- Enthusiasm for fast-paced, collaborative, entrepreneurial and results-driven environment
- Bonus points if you have: experience in pricing and packaging analytics, experience in customer segmentation definition and analytics, experience in new market entry, experience in international go-to-market
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.