FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Senior/Lead Project Manager
FreshBooks is looking for a seasoned Senior/Lead Project Manager to join the Project Management Office (PMO) on the Marketing team. Your goal is to provide project management leadership and support for internal partners and enable rapid growth in our Marketing channels. You will be responsible for the management and execution of projects and collaborating with stakeholders and operational teams to scope, plan, and deliver projects that help drive business results for FreshBooks. In addition, you will be responsible for leading the project management practice and managing a strong team of project managers, providing guidance and mentorship as required.
You’ll demonstrate project management best practices (e.g. PMBOK or Prince2) alongside some agile methods to deliver a high volume of work. You are comfortable running up, reporting on project health, status, and blockers to executive management. You’re also able to recognize opportunities to streamline project workflows and introduce changes in a controlled manner.
What you'll do:
- Control and monitor our digital project intake process with the ability to prioritize, gate requests, report, and communicate on status.
- Lead discovery process for large projects and accurately define engagement scope and objectives.
- Project management: scope/estimate projects, create project plans, handle change, identify risks, dependencies, and constraints, and maintain budgets with third party development partners.
- Track the PMO team’s capacity to help prioritize work, resolve blockers and inspire the team to remain focused and productive.
- Support and source external partners to ensure SOWs are created and delivered with quality (i.e SLAs, web development standards are adhered to etc.) and help to facilitate partners' communication and needs.
- Implement QA procedures, brand standards, partner sign offs, and approvals.
- Manage a team of project managers, including providing oversight and guidance for their projects and coaching on project management best practices.
- Improve on project management processes within and outside of the PMO and Marketing organization.
You will have:
- Minimum 6 to 9 years Project Management expertise in the Digital Media/Technology industry running medium to large-scale website projects.
- Experience working in a PMO to conduct project portfolio management.
- Foundational understanding of digital acquisition (SEO, SEM, Programmatic & Social), and analytics.
- Ability to bridge the gap between technical, creative, and business needs to help produce solutions that achieve results.
- PMP certification a bonus as well as knowledge in agile methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience in partner management.
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship, facilitation, and communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills, are detail-oriented, process-driven, and are data and solution minded.
- Experience drafting functional and technical specifications.
- Well versed in working with the following tools: G-Suite, JIRA, Project Management collaboration tools (i.e. Smartsheet, Trello, etc.)
Why Join Us
We are a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.