FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity - Senior Marketing Manager
FreshBooks is looking for a motivated Senior Marketing Manager. This role is to be a member of our User Growth team. Working closely with the Product Marketing team, the Senior Marketing Manager will find opportunities for growth, which could take shape as advertising campaigns, programs, or partnerships. To bring these opportunities to life, the Senior Marketing Manager will collaborate cross functionally with most of the marketing organization: our Web team, our Creative Services team, and our Performance team.
What you'll do:
Know your segments inside-out
- Understand what is happening in your segments by analyzing market trends, competitive activity, and results data to find insights and trends
- Serve as the subject matter expert for the customers within your segment by learning who they are through research, customer meetings, and field research
Develop growth plans
- Design marketing campaigns, programs, and always-on activity that will drive significant growth in your segments, in collaboration with Product Marketing and other segment leads to ensure a holistic approach to our markets
- Collaborate with Product Marketing to establish a strategic pricing strategy and recommend pricing changes when necessary
- Join forces with our Business Development team to ensure we have the right partners for your segment and that we are launching mutually beneficial initiatives with existing partners
Lead implementation of growth strategies
- Lead the campaign process of a cross-functional group of experts for campaign and always-on activity and continuously collaborate with the group to optimize how we go to market - this includes briefing, creative feedback, etc.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to bring to market plans for new programs, such as partnerships, customer engagement programs, and co-marketing opportunities, leading communications and project managing
- Lead tracking and sharing of results to our leadership; working with our data team to shape our metrics, budgets, and targets and measuring against them
What you bring:
- 6+ years experience driving marketing campaigns and projects with a responsibility for top line growth
- Track record of delivering results through influencing cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing end-to-end marketing plans
- Experience with analyzing customer insights, and understanding audience/customer segmentation
- Excellent problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities
- Demonstrated success at a consumer-facing company, management consultancy or a growing SaaS company
- Excellent communication, collaboration and delegation skills
- Interest in and passion for leading people - while this role doesn’t have any direct reports, it is a possibility for the future as you grow your segments
- Commitment to working in a diverse and inclusive organization
What you might bring:
- Experience leading and influencing cross functional teams to work towards a single goal
- Experience developing, writing, and executing insight-based marketing plans
- Mindset of deep ownership and accountability, where no job is too big or too small if it can lead to uncovering growth
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.