FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity: Operations Manager - Billing and Payments
FreshBooks is looking for an Operations Manager to help reshape the world to meet the needs of small business owners and entrepreneurs - our customers. In this role, you will be focused on our Subscription Billing & Payments operations - to create frictionless experiences for our customers to subscribe and consume FreshBooks, and to maintain and grow valuable partnerships with our vendors.
If you're passionate about taking on big challenges head on, delivering simply amazing experiences for our customers, and ready to back it up with results for our business — this job is for you.
What you have:
- 3+ years experience in the operations of one or more of these areas: billing, payments and/or finance.
- Good understanding of billing and payments processes, experience working with a billing system a plus
- Proven experience creating and delivering best in class operational reporting and business analysis.
- 1+ years of experience in data management tools and SQL is an asset
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors, and an understanding of what it takes to develop great, long term partnerships
- Great negotiation skills
- You're a passionate leader and an excellent communicator with experience working closely with multiple stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Understanding of subscription pricing, packaging, and SKUs; previous experience in segment-targeted promotions an asset
- Attention to detail and a keen eye for identifying opportunities for improvements to existing operational processes
- College or University degree in Business, Finance or related field or equivalent work experience
Nice to have:
- Previous work experience working with software distribution channels (resellers, distributors, and marketplaces) an asset
What you’ll do:
- Maintain relationships with external partners, establish agreements, manage ongoing communications, and provide regular updates and reports
- Develop and deliver regular reporting related to subscriptions revenues & payments, by channel and by market, both from internal and external sources
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including initiatives geared towards operational excellence
- Develop and monitor operational forecasts, review monthly/quarterly and make changes as required
- Collaborate with partners in marketing, sales, support, and beyond (think C-Suite) to develop and deliver on our customer life cycle
- Understand the unit economics of our business, know which one you’re trying to impact, and how to know if you’re successful
- Develop and implement operational procedures to ensure successful delivery of the organization’s operational initiatives
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, coupled with a desire to contribute to the evolution of the accounting industry.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org