FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team of over 400 employees working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses and their advisors better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
As SEO Manager, you will lead the strategy and execution of FreshBooks’ SEO strategy. In this role, you will work closely with our expert SEO Consultant, as well as a superstar Project Manager to analyze and test SEO opportunities and build and implement a roadmap that drives customer acquisition for FreshBooks.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of SEO and how it has evolved and technical knowledge to drive SEO implementation. You will have hands-on SEO experience and understand what it takes to create highly-trafficked pages. Most importantly, you will love testing, optimizing, and experimenting and always be curious about how you can improve your methods.
What you'll do:
Analyze Trends & Opportunities
- Regularly perform keyword research to identify opportunities
- Keep up to date on new SEO methodologies and technologies, as well as algorithm updates
- Own SEO tools used in the development and execution of an SEO plan
Build The Plan
- Lead the building of a plan to deliver SEO traffic goals and exceptional customer experiences
- Work with leaders across Customer Growth to understand their business objectives and make recommendations on how SEO can help them achieve those goals
- Serve as the SEO prime across the organization and gain support and alignment on the SEO strategy
Execute The Plan
- Collaborate with various experts (ie. project managers, designers, content writers, web, etc.) to bring to life an SEO plan
- Review technical SEO issues and provide recommendations when necessary
- Measure and track KPIs, compare against goals, and present data, along with recommendations and key learnings to leadership
Lead a Team of Experts
- Manage agency relationships with SEO agency and link building agencies, ensuring clear objectives and deliverables
- Collaborate with our SEO consultant to coordinate delivery of key projects and content building
What you have:
- 4+ years of experience managing SEO for high-growth websites
- Experience with SEO tools and methodologies to enable you to hit the ground running
- Experience with tools like Screaming Frog, Ahrefs, Cora SEO GetStat or equivalent
- Knowledge of WordPress
- Strong Excel and Google Sheets knowledge. Experience with Google Data Studio a plus
- A passion for problem solving and optimizing to drive results
- An understanding of modern link acquisition strategies
- A passion for SEO. Ideally you are part of online SEO communities where you regularly participate
- Strong analytical capabilities to enable understanding of trends and opportunities
- Collaborative mindset to getting work done
- Excellent communication skills and ability to establish buy-in from key stakeholders
- Demonstrated success in a SaaS or DTC company
- Commitment to working in a diverse and inclusive organization
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, coupled with a desire to contribute to the evolution of the accounting industry.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your