FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Senior HR Business Partner (18 month contract)
Reporting into the Senior Director, Human Resources, you will be responsible for delivering on FreshBooks’ Four Es – Executing Extraordinary Experiences Everyday for both our employees and the business, by developing and executing HR strategies that support the achievement of business objectives.
Your role will include workforce planning, organizational design, change management, succession and talent planning, HR program deployment, and advising/coaching our Leaders on developing and engaging a world-class team.
Specifically, this position includes the following:
- Own end-to-end execution of functional HR work in designated client group by demonstrating both a strategic orientation and a hands-on approach coupled with the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of employee engagement levels
- Champion a high-performance environment and implement a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates FreshBookers by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vision/values/business strategy and manage succession and development planning for your client group
- Serve as a consultant to leaders on people-related issues to solve complex organizational challenges by proactively utilizing a wide range of HR data to identify themes/trends and recommend effective HR strategies to meet the business needs and deliver value-added service to managers and employees
- Drive an exceptional employee experience by fostering a culture of inclusion whereby all employees feel involved, valued and respected, with a focus on employee engagement, and diversity and inclusion programs
- Own the talent strategy for the business and provide strategic insights and solutions to leaders on talent priorities and needs.
- Deliver input and feedback on program / policy design to the Senior Director and Talent Operations team and provide recommendations on program execution
- Work on critical projects that impact employee experience, growth and retention
- Deliver solutions that drive company and individual performance to achieve FreshBooks OKRs in a way that is reflective of our culture, values and mission
We think you'll be an amazing fit for this position if you have:
- 10+ years overall experience in Human Resources
- 4+ years of extensive HR Business Partner expertise dealing directly with Senior Leadership
- Experience supporting departments such as Marketing, Sales, Customer Support.
- Experience with US or international employment law an asset
- Strong consulting skills with a demonstrated ability to influence decision making and build consensus
- Relationship building skills to engage every level of an organization in a confidential and diplomatic fashion
- Strong functional HR expertise in: organizational design, performance management, employee engagement, coaching and development, conflict resolution, data analytics
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action
- Experience with varied HR information systems and reporting tools
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to present confidently to large audiences
- Excellent project management skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of business practices and the link between HR strategy and business strategy
- Comfortable with ambiguity, ability to work within constraints as well as to challenge the status quo
- Goal-oriented, proactive self-starter with ability to work independently and approach challenges with a high degree of adaptability
- High degree of personal and professional integrity with ability to work with confidential information
- CHRP, CHRL or other HR designation, is an asset
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eye’s laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
Here at FreshBooks, we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Should you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, please advise your recruiter on how we can meet your needs to ensure a fair and equitable selection process in a confidential manner.