FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity - Training Specialist (1 year contract)
The Training Specialist will be responsible for assisting our Onboarding Specialists with our new hire training program, and partnering with our Learning Specialist on various other learning initiatives. The role will be working on Onboarding 50% of the time, and on all other Learning initiatives 50% of the time.
Reporting to the Director, Talent Development, the Specialist will support and enhance the organizational and administrative aspects of learning programs ensuring FreshBookers have a seamless learning experience. The Specialist has a high attention to detail and well-developed sense of service delivery with a 4E team-focused approach.
- Deploy and deliver learning content for FreshStart in partnership with Onboarding Specialists
- Assist with new hire onboarding ensuring that they become champions of our PORCHFEST Values
- Facilitate group training sessions in person and over online platforms such as Zoom
- Update and create new content in Learning Management System (LMS)
- Assist with maintaining training calendars, and assists in coordination of all training events using tools such as the Learning Management System (LMS), Google, Zoom, etc.
- Assist with preparing Talent Development training metrics
- Manage attendance records for in-person training sessions, shares course information with FreshBookers, distributes, collects and reviews survey feedback
- Work on special training and learning projects as assigned
- Promote a positive learning culture at FreshBooks
- 1-2 years training facilitation experience preferably within a learning or human resources department
- 1-2 years experience with designing and implementing training programs
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the organization
- Results oriented with the ability to meet deadlines and manage time wisely
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize
- Advanced computer skills, including proficient knowledge of GSuite applications including Google Sheets, Google Docs, Google Slides, Gmail
- Experience with managing a Learning Management System (LMS)
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.