FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building a world class online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries. FreshBooks is proud to open our 1st US office in Raleigh, NC.
The Opportunity – Sales Operations Manager
The Sales Operations Manager is a key role within the FreshBooks Sales Organization. They are passionate about accelerating our Sales Team with the tools, data, skills and processes they need to do their best work. They will report directly to the Senior Director of Sales and work closely with him as well as the Sales leadership team and an array of stakeholders from across the business. The Sales Operations Manager is responsible for leading business process innovation, systems design with our CRM, Salesforce.com, and enablement for our Sales Team (Upsell, Acquisition and Customer Success). They will also be working with Marketing to oversee inbound and outbound lead generation, while managing a team of 2 Sales Operations members.
There are 4 pillars that the Sales Operations Manager is responsible for; 1. Salesforce, Sales Processes & Sales Enablement, 2. Analytics and Reporting, 3. Technical and 4. Lead Generation:
Salesforce, Sales Processes & Sales Enablement
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of SFDC: leads, accounts, contacts and opportunities as well as workflow procedures for Net New Business (Acquisition) and Existing Business (CS & Upsell)
- Manage the Salesforce Administrator to oversee the Salesforce Architecture, and provide training and direction to the Sales Team to maintain best practice execution of sales workflows on SFDC
- Manage the Sales Enablement Specialist to develop a Sales Onboarding Program through Lessonly, and upkeep of the sales documentation library
- Work effectively with a cross-functional approach to project management with multiple phases, complex work streams, a wide range of stakeholders and numerous deliverables
- Ability to streamline/simplify existing processes; proactively seek out ways to break down barriers, improve sales operations processes, remove obstacles and accelerate sales
- Effectively manage Sales Team Compensation Plans including monthly/quarterly bonuses and ensure accurate and timely communication to Finance
Analytics and Reporting:
- Develop and maintain robust suite of reporting and analytics that uncover key performance insights/intelligence for Sales leadership
- Develop and maintain our core reporting dashboards in Salesforce across Sales Team and Senior Leadership team and ad hoc reporting
- Assist Sr. Sales Director in the weekly, monthly and quarterly forecast and actual reports to finance
- Responsible for preparing biweekly reports and slides around forecast/actuals vs budget, Sales and Marketing lead & opp performance
- Proactively provide insights from reports analytics on trends to support decision making
- Responsible for preparing biweekly reports around Product Feature Suggestion and customer feedback on lost opportunity to support the Product Marketing Team
- Collaborate with Finance, Billing, Data Analytics/Operations around to facilitate in investigation, reconciliation and or extracting actionable insights from SFDC
- Manage Salesforce Service Desk to ensure the sales engine operates smoothly and efficiently by identifying and resolving inefficiencies and user requests
- Ability to effectively utilize, administer and manage the Sales Technology Stack: Salesforce, SalesLoft, RingDNA, Calendly, Drift, LinkedIn Navigator, DocuSign, Guru, Lessonly, Scrape.io, Validity, Rollup Helper, Round Robin and Dataloader
- Monitor and audit data quality and perform various data validation checks, appends, and other tasks as needed to support mass uploads or updates to our account or contact data
- Ability to compile and interpret large data sets from disparate sources
- Manage a team of Sales Research Associates to ensure the delivery of 140 leads per day as it pertains to FreshBooks’ ICP and with required SFDC fields
- Manage distribution of internally sourced leads to the Acquisition team via SFDC and Dataloader
- Collaborate with Marketing team to execute on Marketing Campaigns for net new business and existing business
- Collaborate with Pardot Specialist and Marketing to offer sales operations perspective on how to implement marketing driven programs via SFDC, lead-handoff process, and reporting on MQLs and SQLs to ensure marketing leads are moving through the funnel
- Bachelor’s degree, Business, Commerce, Finance or other related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a Sales Operations Manager
- Tech-savvy, experience working with sales tools such as Salesforce, SalesLoft, Dataloader.io is an asset
- Advanced knowledge Microsoft Excel and Pivot tables is preferred
- Understanding of Software-as-a Service (SAAS) revenue technology helpful
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and problem-solving skills
- Should be highly organized with strong time management skills, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment that is constantly changing
- Results-driven, collaborative team player and ability to execute on multiple tasks and projects with minimal direction
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
Here at FreshBooks, we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Should you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, please advise your recruiter on how we can meet your needs to ensure a fair and equitable selection process in a confidential manner.