FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Software Engineer, TNG
What you’ll do:
FreshBooks is looking for a Software Engineer to join our TNG team (Time Tracking and Teams Feature) In this role you will be working with a team of amazing developers, design and data professionals supported by an engineering and a product manager. In your daily work you’ll collaborate with stakeholders and other cross-functional Agile teams, considering technical, business and UX related requirements to provide the best possible solution available with high focus on user experience, sustainability and development efficiency. Your experience working on building & designing web applications will help us build new features and update existing ones in our Projects and Time tracking application.
What you have:
- Minimum 4+ years of experience in web application development, in an Agile or Lean environment.
- Strong experience in full-stack web development.
- Solid understanding of the trending backend and frontend web development technologies and practices
- Working experience in one of our core technologies - Python (ideally Flask) / Ruby on Rails - or a strong track record in any languages (Node, PHP, C#, Java, Elixir, ...) using well-known web frameworks and the interest to learn Python and Ruby (RoR)
- Experience with databases and SQL – our database is MySQL
- Familiarity with continuous integration (or better, continuous delivery) and automated build pipelines.
- A long-standing habit of continuous learning, and of applying new technologies, architectures, and methodologies to improve the code and Engineering organization.
What you might have:
- Strong pair programming or mob programming skills, both as a mechanism for producing better code, and for teaching skills
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform, Google Cloud Platform or another major cloud provider such as AWS or Azure
- Experience with Redis, ElasticSearch & RabbitMQ (or other equivalent technologies)
- Experience with data pipelines, ETL, streaming data engines, and related technologies Experience working with production environment
- Experience with NoSQL databases
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eye’s laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
Here at FreshBooks, we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Should you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, please advise your recruiter on how we can meet your needs to ensure a fair and equitable selection process in a confidential manner.