FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity: Internal Communications Manager
Join us as an Internal Communications Manager, where you’ll have the opportunity to build an internal communications program that helps FreshBookers connect the dots between the work we do here and the impact it has on millions of small business owners around the globe. Reporting to the Head of Communications, you’ll help leaders and teams from across the organization utilize internal communications to achieve business goals and become more effective communicators.
What you’ll do:
- Build and foster a plan for FreshBooks’ internal communications; you’ll apply strategic thinking to what, when, how and why we communicate across the organization
- Create internal campaigns for company milestones, team successes, and customer stories
- Partner with stakeholders across the company including C-Suite Executives and the Agility Office to ensure alignment across internal and external communications
- Implement and maintain an internal editorial and events calendar
- Identify and work to fill information gaps across the organization, acting as connective tissue between different teams and levels inside the business
- Oversee multiple communication channels and events, including weekly and quarterly company-wide meetings
- Partner with FreshBookers to help them develop into world class communicators. This will include hosting presentation dry-runs, proofreading presentation decks, and providing ongoing coaching and constructive feedback for presenters
- Design and execute bold, experimental initiatives that help FreshBookers discover better ways to share information and collaborate
- Maintain flexibility to support the PR and Events team with any internal and external communications needs as required
What you have:
- Top-notch communication skills, including the ability to present persuasively in front of large audiences, write clean copy, proofread other’s work, and create polished presentation decks
- Experience building communication plans and developing programs from scratch
- A gift for ‘finding the story’ and knitting together various inputs into an authentic, consistent, and on-brand narrative
- Higher than average Emotional Intelligence; you have the ability to adjust your communication style to meet the needs of different audiences
- Proficiency with using different communication technology e.g. Slack, Zoom, On24, video tools, Google Slides, digital newsletter software, analytics tools, intranets
- An appetite for solving complex challenges, and the ability to work well in ambiguity
- An ability to build strong relationships and influence across the organization
- Experience with managing multiple projects, and shifting priorities as required
- A sense of humour
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 5+ years in communications or related role; you write, create and speak for a living
- A University degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline e.g Public Relations, Communications, Marketing
- Demonstrated public speaking experience
- Bonus: graphic design and/or video production skills
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eye’s laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in Amsterdam.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
Here at FreshBooks, we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Should you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, please advise your recruiter on how we can meet your needs to ensure a fair and equitable selection process in a confidential manner.