FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – SEO Specialist
We are seeking a passionate SEO Specialist with a track record of successfully engaging third-parties to brands in exciting and unconventional ways. The ideal candidate will be a team player who collaborates effectively with a cross-functional group of Acquisition Managers, Writers, Analysts and various vendors. The ability to manage different vendor and stakeholder relationships is key. Success in this role will require excellent communication skills and a fearless attitude.
In this position, you will:
- Co-ordinate, test, launch outreach link building campaigns
- Remain current with SEO best practices and uphold those practices in everything you do
- Conduct research to identify opportunities for link acquisition and new and interesting partnerships with other websites
- A/B test different email subject lines and approaches. You should constantly be striving for higher open rates and conversion rates
- Provide meaningful insights and trends that will help inform the content projects we take on
- Tracking and reporting on key value metrics to drive optimization decisions
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement
- Manage vendor relationships and budgeting as it relates to your role
What you bring...
- 1-2 years of demonstrated experience with managing and outreach campaigns or similar success in sales-driven role where you performed your own list building and interacted with prospects
- Familiarity with leading third-party tools and emerging trends in the SEO world (including algorithm updates and latest marketing strategies)
- Experience in researching and building niche-specific contact lists
- Ideally you will have active social media accounts you can use for outreach
- The ability to spark conversations with website owners in unique and interesting ways that are mutually beneficial
- A natural curiosity and attention to detail
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Not Required, but Great to Have:
- Strong Excel/Google Sheets knowledge
- Experience making cold calls
Why Join Us?
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.