FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Channel Development Manager
You will be a key member of the Business Development team and will work closely with the Sr. Director, Business Development to ensure the growth and development of our key platform. Thriving as a relationship builder who can identify, qualify, negotiate and close highly beneficial strategic partnerships. You will recruit and develop key partnerships that will help FreshBooks expand the distribution of our product via partners as well as work with Product Development and Marketing to operationalize new lines of growth for FreshBooks.
In this position, you will:
- Support and accelerate the growth of distribution partners, including ownership of the partner plan and budgeted trials and upgrade revenue
- Evaluate the partner market landscape and recruit, on-board and operationalize each partnership
- Maintain ongoing relationships with strategic partners including monthly and quarterly touch points
- Provide regular status updates to the Management team
- Expected travel requirements 10-20%
We think you’ll be an amazing fit for this position if your application can demonstrate:
- Ideally 5-10 years of channel management, sales and/or business development experience
- Experience starting partnerships from scratch and moving them along the curve to full revenue engagement
- A background in ISV, platform and community building partnerships
- Experience in a SaaS-based environment from a sales perspective
- Exceptional communications – someone who can present/demonstrate FreshBooks and get people excited to work with us
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in Toronto, Canada.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.