FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Senior Financial Analyst (FP&A)
The Senior Financial Analyst works with FreshBooks two lines of business, Subscription and Wired Economy, to enable them to determine where to prioritize projects and drive growth most effectively. By providing solid data and supporting analysis, the Senior Financial Analyst brings key insights to the team, and influences business decisions across the company.
Specifically this position includes:
- Preparing daily, weekly and monthly financial analysis and reporting
- Completing regular competitive analysis – potentially including market analysis too
- Completing variance analysis against targets, budgets and forecasts
- Building new models and tools for daily, weekly & monthly management reporting on KPIs
- Bringing key insights to the team and influencing business decisions across the company
- Working through the FP&A month-end process, including revamping our existing month-end models by improving them and bringing them up to date
- Conducting departmental operational reviews, analysis and support
- Business modelling and ad-hoc analysis
- Budgeting and forecasting
We think you'll be an amazing fit for this position if:
- University undergraduate degree
- Business, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics are preferred
- You have at least 2-3 years of financial analysis budgeting and forecasting experience
- You are an Excel master with experience modelling large volumes of data including pivot tables and complex formulas
- Expert in SaaS
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills
- You are a self-starter
- Experience with Periscope, Looker and MySQL query would be an asset
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.