FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Senior Software Engineer of Personalization
What you’ll do:
FreshBooks is looking for talented technical influencers to join our Personalization Team. You will be working closely with the Lifecycle Marketers and Data Analysts to drive growth at FreshBooks and enable us to provide the best personalized experience to our customers that possible. You'll learn hands-on about how customers are using FreshBooks, collect and use the data to improve our product and engage with happier users. If you're looking for an environment where you can continue to develop your craft, explore new technologies, and have a larger contribution, we'd love to chat with you!
What you have:
- 5+ years of experience in web application development, preferably in Python
- Solid understanding on the trending backend and frontend web development technologies and practices
- Working experience using MySQL or Postgres
- Strong interest in personalization and experimentation
- Knowledge or experience in CI/CD and automated build pipeline
Nice to have:
- Experience in the domain of personalization or online marketing as a developer
- Experience in A/B testing
- Experience in DevOps and service ownership
- Experience using tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible or Terraform
- Experience with Cloud services like GCP or AWS
- Experience with Redis/ElasticSearch and/or RabbitMQ
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eye’s laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org