FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity - Practice Lead, Operational Resiliency & Process Management
As the Practice Lead, Operational Resiliency & Process Management you will be responsible for evolving Operational Resilience in matters concerning governance, audit and assessment, regulatory reviews, and program administration, with an emphasis on; promoting continuous business process improvements and resilience, while embedding resilience as a discipline across the organization.
- Responsible for leading and facilitating the work of reconciling existing process inventories with corporate-wide business leaders and process owners to identify and scope line of business/strategic business unit processes at a procedural level.
- Developing the resilience strategy and business continuity framework to reflect changes to the environment and business operations.
- Responsible for identifying process owners and managers for the company’s defined processes. On point for defining customer-centric product and/or service delivery value streams.
- Conducting/supporting workshops with process owners and managers to elicit process requirements for standard processes, as well as exception paths, capturing these using BPMN 2.0.
- Performing process assessments/business impact analyses to identify gaps in current-state processes, provide analysis and recommendations to improve current processes, address process gaps, and define and document processes consistent with a process maturity framework. Providing support in identifying critical processes and their respective requirements, including establishing recovery objectives and minimum resource requirements (e.g., facility, equipment, technology, human resources and interdependencies).
- Identifying opportunities to improve recovery solutions and arrangements with a focus on ensuring that business requirements are mapped to disaster recovery solutions.
- Responsible for ensuring that essential business activities can be recovered and continued in the event of a business interruption, by ensuring adequate processes, documentation, facilities and systems are in place.
- Introducing innovation into processes to impact results positively, enhance profitability, and assist the organization to meet its business objectives and goals, while maintaining a big picture vision of the organization.
- Prioritizing enhancement of process effectiveness so that it is not a one-time endeavour, with the goal of meaningfully changing the corporate mindset to continuously improve. This holistic approach to process innovation requires tenacity and an understanding that changing one step in the process can impact other process activities.
- Evaluating, designing and controlling business processes in a manner that changes the hearts and minds of employees impacted by the process improvements, to encourage them to embrace the new processes once they are implemented. This will require employee engagement and expertise to inspire and empower meaningful input into process changes.
- Developing sustainable mechanisms to document, store, and retrieve IT policies, standards, and processes.
- Procuring, implementing and administering a platform for managing process inventory and capturing processes’ relationships with business and technical elements.
- Evaluating, designing, executing, measuring and monitoring business processes to ensure that business process outcomes are in harmony with the organization’s strategic goals. Working collaboratively across all departments of the organization to help improve the management of all business processes.
- Future endeavours, once primary building blocks are in place, could include building, implementing and maintaining a business continuity management (BCM) program. A robust BCM program would include emergency response planning, crisis management planning, incident management planning, business continuity planning, IT and hosting disaster recovery planning, succession planning, and pandemic planning.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Solid experience in analyzing complex business problems and defining business and technical requirements with attention to details, user experience design and system performance.
- Experience with BPMN 2.0.
- Highly self-motivated with drive to deliver and rise to challenges.
- Aptitude to work collaboratively in teams, build strong relationships, gain staff members’ confidence, and communicate effectively.
- Capacity to balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks.
- Advanced skill in project management, including: establishing and leading project teams; managing timelines/deadlines/resources; and, ensuring successful project implementation.
- Excellent capabilities in critical thinking and analysis, facilitation of meetings, written and oral communications, and interpersonal interactions.
- Proficiency in representing the business channel in identifying, analyzing and communicating system solutions.
- Proven ability to manage time productively while rapidly adapting to changes in prioritization.
- First-rate verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work independently with business and technical team members.
- Proven experience with utilizing and implementing a variety of software and integrated complex systems in a fast-paced environment.
- Document experience in leading, shaping and developing innovative solutions while managing and mitigating business risks and impacts.
- Background in resilience-based roles and experience of Business Continuity Management in a complex multi-layered working environment.
- Driving problem resolution, including determining root cause, scope and scale of issues.
- Advanced skills in interpreting, complying with and applying relevant data/instructions to guidelines, procedures, practices and regulations.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
Please apply with your resume, as well as an online portfolio that demonstrates how you frame user problems, design solutions, and test those solutions with users.
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.