FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity - Marketing Manager
Reporting to the Associate Director, the Marketing Manager is primarily responsible for building overall brand awareness and equity to drive product consideration and conversion. You will oversee an extremely creative, engaging, and performance-driven brand marketing program, leveraging internal and external resources. Furthermore, you will also be tasked to oversee our Direct Mail channel campaigns with our agency partner, optimizing creative, targeted lists, offers and timing to drive customer acquisition and sales leads.
The ideal candidate will be innovative, data-driven and have foundational knowledge in brand marketing, advertising and digital acquisition. Proficiency in digital analytics is essential to understand, report on, and optimize budget to meet customer acquisition and brand lift goals.
This role is ideal for an individual that balances creativity with performance, as well as strategy with tactical delivery. The ideal candidate will possess a holistic perspective of media (traditional and non-traditional) available to execute omni-channel campaigns that will appeal and connect with our target audience: Small Business Owners.
Specifically in this position you will:
- Support the Brand Strategy through the functional execution of integrated communication and media plans to drive brand awareness, consideration and conversion
- Elevate brand awareness across all channel touch points, and working closely with the Analytics and Acquisition leads to lower overall cost per acquisition and increase conversion
- Cross-collaborate with creative, content, web team and external creative agencies to support execution of campaign assets
- Support evangelizing Brand Strategy across the organization, ensuring brand standards are met
- Monitor project progress from planning to execution with project manager to ensure campaigns are delivered effectively, coordinated and on time
- Partner with finance team and 3rd party vendors to analyze campaign response data, channel attribution, brand lift and revenue impact
- Provide detailed reports for Associate Director on campaign status, performance and insights
- Develop comprehensive creative briefs that clearly articulate campaign goals, requirements and timelines for internal team buy-in and execution
- Stay up-to-date with industry news, competitive advertising, and trends to share knowledge with the acquisition team
- Support offline acquisition channels such as Podcast and Direct Mail advertising
- Assist on strategic projects including brand communications, consumer insights and brand lift studies
We think you'll be an amazing fit for this position if your application can demonstrate:
- 3-5 years of marketing experience, preferably brand marketing
- Demonstrated business acumen with strong analytical, strategic thinking and problem-solving capabilities together with creative thinking skills
- Digital and offline media experience, developing and executing on media plans
- A track-record of successfully partnering with cross-functional teams and external advertising agencies to manage a campaign from brief to launch
- Strong verbal and presentation skills, with presentation experience to teams and sr. leadership
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and Google Marketing Stack
A couple added bonuses to your application:
- B2B Experience targeting Small Business Owners / Freelancers
- Experience working on SAAS or other subscription-based products
- Experience with BI tools such as Looker, Periscope, etc.
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.