FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003, but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity - Program Manager (Head of Accountant Channel)
Are you passionate about developing programs and building strong relationships with customers? Do you love to build teams and collaborate with leaders from across different departments? Are you looking for a role where you can innovate and see your strategies drive product adoption? If so, Freshbooks is seeking an Accountant Program Manager, to spearhead the growth and execution of the company's new initiatives designed to foster relationships with accounting professionals in North America.
As the Manager for the new Accountant Program, you will be responsible for leading the team and strategies designed to attract and educate accountants about using Freshbooks to support their clients. In this role, you will collaborate with leaders from marketing, sales, support, and product development to determine the best ways to engage with accounting professionals and implement processes to onboard them and their clients to the Freshbooks platform. You will also be responsible for building and managing a team of Account Managers that are responsible for providing training, support, and ongoing education to accounting firms, along with facilitating the introductions of existing customers to qualified Freshbooks firms. You will be in charge of supporting your team in building collaborative relationships with these accountant partners through events and other business development activities, as well as working closely with internal teams to create and execute the evolving roadmap of the program. You will also regularly prepare and report on program developments to senior leadership inside the company.
A successful candidate will be knowledgeable and experienced at working in the accounting market, and have experience in marketing and business development. Ideally, they will be creative, team-oriented, and enjoy the process of defining and refining strategic program initiatives and their associated goals. The Accountant Program Manager will also have proven ability to assess situations and guide teams toward both short-term and longer term systemic changes, and the ability to design and then train teams on processes that further the success of the accountant program. In this role you will experience a wide range of problem solving situations, occasions for collaboration and innovation, and opportunities to make a major impact on the success and growth of Freshbooks within the accounting community.
The ideal candidate for this role will be able to:
- Interact with stakeholders at multiple levels and dynamically lead teams to define and deliver solutions to establish quality standards, metrics and processes.
- Identify and analyze the results of actions or campaigns to course correct program efforts as needed.
- Be confident in their ability to speak publicly to industry groups and organizations about the program and product.
- Maximize resources and develop the program budget in alignment with the company’s goals and the greater good of the organization.
- Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Remain flexible to changing priorities, open to new ideas, and maintain a sense of curiosity and willingness to always listen and learn from the feedback of accounting professionals.
- 3+ years of experience leading accounting project delivery for cross-functional team
- Experience working with accounting firms from a sales or business development perspective
- Demonstrated ability to deliver both strategic and tactical results from inception to completion
- Experience working with business teams globally
- The ability to travel periodically to industry events and tradeshows
- Bachelor degree
- Superior oral and written communication skills are crucial
- Experience in customer satisfaction or quality initiatives
- Experience working with sales and customer support teams
- Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results in a SaaS organization
- Demonstrated ability to lead and scale a team inside an evolving organization
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
Here at FreshBooks, we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Should you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, please advise your recruiter on how we can meet your needs to ensure a fair and equitable selection process in a confidential manner.