FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: Building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 160 countries.
The Opportunity: Art Director
FreshBooks is seeking an Art Director to oversee the visual designers in Marketing, collaborate with internal marketing stakeholders, and partner with our senior Copywriter. You will also work with our external agencies and freelancers to continuously deliver innovative creative and campaigns, handle timelines and build better processes to grow our marketing efforts at FreshBooks.
What You'll Do:
The Art Director (in collaboration with the Senior Copywriter) is responsible for the ideation and creation of the highest level of engaging content for FreshBooks across a variety of print and digital channels
- Brainstorm and ideate with senior Copywriter and articulate those ideas to internal stakeholders and clients
- Meet with internal partners and stakeholders to inform briefs, advise on best practices, and discuss project executions
- In collaboration with the Senior Copywriter, develop briefing processes, library systems for creative and identify gaps and opportunities in workflows
- Create engaging, on-brand content by understanding a variety of brand identities
- Oversee and mentor a team of talented Visual Designers
- Evolve our brand to better serve our market and help us stand apart
- Keep up with the latest design trends and surface appropriate inspiration
- Mentor team members and foster a collaborative and agile environment
- Coach team members on career direction, development and performance
What you bring...
- Ability to work efficiently across many different projects in a fast-paced production environment (7+ years of relevant experience preferred)
- Strong conceptual and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent ability to manage small teams of visual designers
- Sound understanding of production standards
- An Art Director with a portfolio that illustrates strategic and conceptual thinking and branding applied across multiple channels
- Ability to clearly present strategic creative solutions to internal and external clients
- Discipline to develop ideas that adhere to budgets
- Someone who thrives in a highly collaborative environment
- Highly organized, ability to multi-task and able to work on multiple projects at once
- Experience at a SaaS company preferred
- Adobe InDesign (Expert), Adobe Photoshop (Expert), Adobe Illustrator (Expert), Sketch (Proficient), InVision (Expert)
- Bachelor’s Degree / College Certificate (preferred)
- Experience at a SaaS company is an asset
Why Join Us?
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.