FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we're just getting started and there's a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an extraordinary online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
Help design a future where anyone can run a small business successfully. Join one of our Product Development teams as a UX Design Co-op where you'll work alongside world-class team members, practicing industry-leading process to ship award-winning software to our amazing customers every week. You will learn, embrace, and extend our design principles and patterns that make our product a joy to use. As a member of one of our agile teams you'll tackle aggressive sprint schedules to deliver outstanding design experiences.
With the help of a designer mentor, you will:
- Seek to deeply understand the problems you're solving for our customers, and explore multiple approaches to solving them
- Design consistent and high quality user experiences, based on our design patterns and guidelines, from user flows and interaction design through mockups and copywriting
- Perform usability testing of design work completed by your team and others, and perhaps other forms of user research
- Synthesize and report on user research and usability test results to the team and design leadersYou'll also critique other designers' designs, and solicit critiques of your own work. You'll iterate on your work based on that feedback, and we'll develop a stronger design practice through critique.
We think you'll be an amazing fit for this position if your application can demonstrate:
- Understanding of design thinking, familiarity Mac OS and with Sketch and basic HTML/CSS
- A passion for the "why" of design, as well as the "what"
- An egoless attitude toward design and a passion to learn and grow every day
- Experience working on a team in a professional capacity
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.
If you have any questions regarding what we're looking for in an intern, or about the co-op experience, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.