FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity: Web Developer, UI/UX
This is a unique opportunity to join our marketing growth team from an engineering perspective and work with digital marketing experts and data scientists to drive growth at FreshBooks. You’ll have a direct impact on the growth of the marketing website as both a web application and marketing tool used to connect and acquire FreshBooks Customers.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with full-stack web and application developers working on the FreshBooks Marketing Website, blog, and customer application
- Work closely with stakeholders and Product owners to deliver the best possible web experience for our customers
- Partner with SEO experts to create valuable targeted landing pages for SEO/SEM initiatives
- Share your ideas in technical design and architecture discussions for the future of the website and associated systems
- Work with development partners to deliver new exciting web experiences to FreshBooks customers
- Develop your craft and build your expertise in web full stack development
What we hope you have:
- High proficiency with modern css/scss and HTML
- Recent experience working with PHP development and the WordPress CMS: developing plugins, working with custom themes
- Familiarity with continuous integration and automated build pipelines
- Knowledge of Git workflows and comfort, creating, reviewing, and approving pull requests
- The ability to balance the desire to ship code quickly to our customers with the responsibility of making good technical decisions
- Ability to analyze data meaningfully to make informed business intelligence recommendations for the company
- Comfort working in an open environment and collaborate with teams across entire company and with other companies we may be working with who will likely be off-site
- A long-standing habit of continuous learning, and application of new technologies, architectures, and methodologies to improve the code and Engineering organization
- Openness to exploring new technology stack including mobile technologies
You may also have:
- Working with Invision and an eye for design or have a design background (please include a portfolio, if so)
- Docker and Webpack experience
- Understanding of MySQL or other relational databases: basic query syntax, optimizations etc
- Security Optimization/Hardening experience
- Experience working in an agile environment
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.