FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building a world class online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Copywriter, Life Cycle
You’re an expert at creating direct copy that sells. Focused less on brand campaigns, your primary goal is to help drive results. Working closely with the Senior Copywriters, Visual Designers, and Life Cycle Marketers, you’ll take on projects from ideation to completion, striving to ensure that the work you produce is on brand, engaging and drives business results.
You thrive in a collaborative environment and have a passion for crafting impactful copy. While you are confident enough to stand by your work, you are also open to feedback and can execute your ideas to produce an outstanding finished product.
What You'll Do:
- Understand everything FreshBooks and persuasively communicate our offerings to a primarily top-of-funnel audience
- Produce straightforward but persuasive copy for various media including email, in-app messaging, website and campaign copy, written in the FreshBooks brand voice that supports our brand positioning
- Participate in campaign ideation, serving internal stakeholder needs while upholding copy quality
- Collaborate cross-functionally with all pillars of the marketing department with a primary focus on customer communications
- Stay current to provide an insightful perspective on Direct Response trends and competitive landscape to assist in creating marketing campaigns and ensure your copy is relevant at all times
What You'll Need:
- 3+ years of experience developing compelling copy, CTAs and Direct Response Campaigns; 1+ years in an Advertising or Marketing agency preferred
- A proven track record of working on cross-functional teams
- Solid working knowledge of marketing and advertising principles with focused experience in writing for direct response (e-mail)
- A strong ability to comprehend and communicate business and accounting concepts simply
- Experience writing for a business to consumer audience with business to business experience considered an asset
- Proven experience of extreme detail orientation – no grammar or spelling mistakes ever make it past you
- Ability to manage timelines and work in a fast paced environment
- Strong empathy for customers, which guides you to craft clear, concise and helpful copy
- Excellent taste for good overarching creative, messaging and brand experiences
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
Here at FreshBooks, we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Should you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, please advise your recruiter on how we can meet your needs to ensure a fair and equitable selection process in a confidential manner.