FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Senior Total Rewards Specialist
Reporting to the Associate Director, Talent Management, you will be an integral part of the HR Talent Management team. As a subject matter expert, you will support in creating Total Rewards programs that deliver competitive compensation, benefits and other rewards to our employees.
Specifically, this position includes the following:
- Partner with Senior HRBP’s in the development and execution of Total Rewards programs across multiple lines of business
- Participate and take the lead in market/salary surveys; develop and propose pay ranges in accordance to the company’s pay philosophy
- Conduct job analysis and work with HR team and management to determine appropriate job leveling
- Support the HR Administrator in the processing of payroll and benefits administration in accordance with local regulations (e.g. semi-monthly payroll processing, year-end reporting, etc.)
- Lead in researching and implementing company benefits plans, programs, and policies reflective of multiple markets (Canada, U.S. and International) e.g., retirement plans, leave policies, wellness programs, insurance policies, etc.
- Administering company bonus programs
- Working with insurance brokers and benefits carriers
- Prepare timely and accurate reports, quality data analytics and models that support management in making informed decisions
We think you'll be an amazing fit for this position if you have:
- Minimum 3 years of total rewards experience with a focus on total rewards programs
- Extensive knowledge of Excel and Word
- Systems expertise (HRIS/Payroll Platforms)
- Reporting and data expertise (Excel, Google Sheets)
- Experience in compensation and benefits administration, specifically related to participating in salary surveys and executing pay for performance, bonus programs
- Payroll administration experience an asset
- Relationship building skills to engage every level of an organization in a confidential and diplomatic fashion
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to present confidently to large audiences
- You thrive in a fast paced, demanding environment
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eye’s laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
Here at FreshBooks, we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Should you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, please advise your recruiter on how we can meet your needs to ensure a fair and equitable selection process in a confidential manner.