FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – People Operations Manager
Reporting to the Associate Director, Talent Management, you will be responsible for managing all HR operations and systems that enable our employee experience.
The People Operations Manager will lead the execution of our compensation and benefits programs, Payroll, HRIS, Metrics, Relocation Services, and the day-to-day administration and operations of the Human Resources function.
Specifically, this position includes the following:
- Development and execution of compensation programs across multiple lines of business including leading participation in compensation surveys and managing the quarterly/year end compensation review and administration process
- Overseeing payroll processing and administration for the company ensuring 100% accuracy
- Researching implementing and administering all company benefits plans, programs, and policies reflective of multiple markets (Canada, U.S. and International) e.g., retirement plans, leave policies, wellness programs, insurance policies, etc.
- Administering company bonus programs
- Monitoring government regulations, legislation, and benefits trends
- Working with insurance brokers and benefits carriers
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to HR, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Ownership of employee data via the HRIS system ensuring 100% accuracy of employee information
- Leading and coaching one direct report (HR Administrator)
We think you'll be an amazing fit for this position if you have:
- 7 years of experience in an HR Specialist role with a focus on compensation and benefits
- Proven experience building compensation structure, specifically designing and executing pay for performance, bonus programs
- Experience in benefits and payroll administration
- Systems expertise (HRIS/Payroll Platforms)
- Reporting and data expertise (Excel, Google Sheets)
- Strong consulting skills with a demonstrated ability to influence decision making and build consensus
- Relationship building skills to engage every level of an organization in a confidential and diplomatic fashion
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to present confidently to large audiences
- You thrive in a fast paced, demanding environment
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eye’s laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
Here at FreshBooks, we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Should you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, please advise your recruiter on how we can meet your needs to ensure a fair and equitable selection process in a confidential manner.