FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003, but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
FreshBooks is growing and looking for a Business Project Manager to support and manage the execution of business related projects. You’ll be working with senior management and stakeholders to define scope, deliverables and produce project plans that support our business growth goals. This role sits within The Agility Office team, who is responsible for central management, coordination and monitoring of our product releases and strategic projects, while also helping to build next generation systems, processes and culture at FreshBooks. The projects you'll be managing include HR or IT cloud-based service solution implementations, integrations, product selection and procurement.
What you'll do:
- Create, own and be responsible for project plans that help to scale and grow our business
- Define project scope and objectives, success criteria and disseminate to involved stakeholders throughout the project life cycle
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs
- Conduct business analysis, feasibility studies and vendor selection (e.g. RFI to RFQ)
- Plan, schedule and manage project timelines and milestones
- Effective, timely and clear communication of project expectations and status
- Monitor and report on key business risks and make recommendations with managers for mitigation to reduce risk.
- Prepare reports for regarding status of project.
- Interact and coordinate between business departments (e.g. HR, IT etc) and external vendors to define, manage and control projects so they are delivered on time and on budget
- Documentation of business and technical requirements, coordination of all aspects of the project life-cycle including implementation of change control procedures or required training to support adoption of new any new processes or tools
- Work with members of The Agility Office to develop and continually improve project/ programme controls, methods and tools.
What you have:
- Minimum of 4+ years experience helping to deliver a variety of business projects with proven track record of delivery excellence
- Strong knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques, and tools
- Experience executing projects using different frameworks or approaches (e.g. SDLC to Agile)
- Demonstrated ability to monitor and control projects, providing regular updates in verbal or written forms
- Ability to apply analytical methods to develop or assess evaluation criteria
- Solid facilitation skills and proven experience managing external vendors
- Ability to communicate with non-technical and technical people
- Exceptional influencing and presentation skills in all aspects of project management
- Analytical and problem-solving capability to manage shifting priorities, demands and timelines
The following would be considered advantageous in an applicant:
- Experience using a variety of project methodologies and frameworks such as Agile, Scrum or Kanban
- Relevant Professional qualifications e.g. PMP or Prince 2
- Experience with process change management or process improvement
- Candidate should have prior knowledge or experience of RFI procurement processes
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.