FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity - Data Analyst
The goal of the BI Analyst is to help our Support team understand how various aspects of their business is performing, to facilitate a data driven approach to managing their teams and clients (both internal and external).
The right person for the job will love to solve problems, as well as find and make actionable information available for non-technical users. You will be collaborating with stakeholders and a team that includes Support team leaders, marketing analysts, data scientists, financial analysts, and developers all working together to drive growth at FreshBooks.
What you'll do:
- Build self-serve Reports & Dashboards for core performance metrics / KPI’s (department level, team level and individual level metrics)
- Consult with internal clients to gather requirements, scope & execute ad-hoc analyses
- Monitor and communicate key trends and interesting behaviours to stakeholders
- Clean, manipulate, and aggregate data to facilitate reporting and analyses
- Work with data sets collected from various data sources, such as Zendesk, SalesCloud, Google Analytics, Big Query, Pardot etc.
- Work with data ops to develop requirements for new data pipelines & sources
- Performance tracking and resource planning with Finance and Stakeholders
What you bring:
- Experience using a dashboarding tool such as Periscope, Tableau, Looker, DataStudio etc.
- Minimum 1-3 years in data analytics or business intelligence
- Excellent Excel, Sheets or related tool abilities
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL or Python (both is a strong asset)
- Experience in calculating business impact, e.g. KPI’s, Conversion %, Churn, etc.
- Experience in forecasting and results projections
- Quantitative background with strong analytical skillset
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.