FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an extraordinary online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity: Product Marketing Manager
At FreshBooks, we are passionate about helping small business owners on their journey of growth. We aim to provide tools and promote habits that help them leap over any stumbling blocks and get back to leading their business forward.
The Product Marketing Manager shapes this product value for our customers and builds go-to-market and strategies that drive awareness, understanding, and growth of new and existing FreshBooks products.
What you'll do: Analysis, Strategy & Execution
- Build/leverage customer insights, data analytics and research to develop marketing strategies for new and existing products. Your strategies may include the following:
> Market size, demand and trends
> Monetization strategy
> Defined customer needs, including user and buyer personas
> Clear product positioning, including features and benefits, and compelling content strategy to help land positioning
> Coordination with business partners to define and execute the tactics for bringing the product/feature to market
- Align and enable cross-functional teams for go-to-market success by establishing strong partnerships and delivering the tools, information, resources, and collateral they need to be successful
- Be a product advocate and storyteller, effectively and clearly conveying your message internally across FreshBooks, and externally to customers, partners, and to the industry at events
What you bring:
- 7 years of experience in technology Marketing, at least 3 years in Product Marketing
- Consistent track record of successfully leading a team in defining, planning, positioning and launching products to market
- Strategic thinking and ability to understand the “big picture” and use creative problem solving to drive impact & results.
- Experience collaborating with a diverse set of stakeholders and influencing cross-functional teams
- Experience communicating a company’s or product’s unique value proposition to potential customers, partners and market influencers
Enthusiasm for fast-paced, collaborative, entrepreneurial and results-driven environment
- Bonus points if you have: experience in analyzing & interpret data & producing insights, managing product marketing strategy through partner channels, or with international product release
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.