FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003, but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
In order to achieve our mandate, we recognize that we need to dedicate more expert technical resource and strategic focus to our technology program. As such, we are seeking a seasoned Chief Data Officer who has the experience and drive to help us transform and make a significant impact on our technology transformation strategy. As a Chief Data Officer, you will be responsible for developing and overseeing our data and information strategy in order to drive business decisions and growth. You will develop data procedures and policies, and work closely with various departments to collect, prepare, organize, protect and analyze data assets while ensuring that the company meets industry best practices.
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement data strategies and systems.
- Run, motivate, and operate large technical teams.
- Oversee the collection, storage, management, quality and protection of data.
- Implement data privacy policies and comply with data protection regulations.
- Determine where to cut costs and increase revenue based on insights derived from data.
- Effectively communicate the status, value, and importance of data collection to executive members and staff.
- Head inter-disciplinary teams, improve and streamline data systems within the company, and drive innovation.
What you have:
- Thorough understanding of the business and data strategy.
- Experience working in a Data Management role at senior level, preferably as a CDO.
- Experience of building and leading data science organization or practices as well as successful experience of advocating for data analytics value across a business and to diverse audiences.
- Expert knowledge of maximizing data usage and implementing CRM systems
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable in the design, development, and validation of analytics and the relevant tools and technologies.
- Proven and successful experience in a consulting role at board level in driving change within a large, complex business.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a senior-level data management role.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- You are ethical with excellent analytical and project management skills.
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.