FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Project Manager, Lifecycle Marketing
As a Project Manager at FreshBooks, you will work within the Life Cycle Marketing team, alongside Operations, and Product Development to help execute Marketing Growth initiatives and campaigns from initial concept to final delivery. You will serve several Marketing Managers, Product Managers, Stakeholder to drive Marketing Growth projects. You will have a talent for managing multiple priorities between up to 4 teams and enjoy building strong relationships cross functionally. Reporting to the Sr Digital Project Manager you will help resource and prioritize projects as they are requested and work to ensure your team is unblocked and working as efficiently as possible.
- Provide end-to-end project management; this includes developing a detailed plan, work back schedules and continuously updating internal and external teams on progress
- Critically analyze and review creative briefs, clarify the ask / problem to be solved, drill down deliverables and timelines
- Act as the key contact for Marketing Managers, Product Managers, Stakeholders and a conduit between stakeholders and Product Development team
- Develop documentation for each project, highlighting the ask + acceptance criteria
- Summarize incoming requests for Sr Digital Project Manager to review weekly
- Collaborate and coordinate with Marketing stakeholders and Product Development to deliver initiatives
- Monitor and report on projects including facilitating post-launch retrospectives by enhancing strong discussion, decision-making and conflict resolution
- Financial and vendor management; team budgets and SOW/PO/invoice creation and approval
- Prepare weekly sprint roadmaps/prioritization documents to communicate back to greater team and stakeholders
- Develop standardized documentation for each project, highlighting requirements and acceptance criteria
- Support the managers by helping implement and enforce a QA process to ensure a best in class customer experience.
- Multi-tasker; able to roll up your sleeves, juggle many projects at one time and ultimately get the job done
- Extremely organized and have excellent time management skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to remain flexible and change direction/focus given competing priorities
- Understanding Life Cycle Marketing and Product Development
- Post secondary education
- 3 to 5 years of related work experience or equivalent
- Familiarity with project management workflows (milestones, critical paths, creative briefs, work back schedules) and knowledge of Agile frameworks E.g. Scrum, Kanban
- Understanding of Google Analytics
- Experience working with project management software Jira and/or Trello
- Technical competence and understanding of basic Software Development principles
- Proven experience mobilizing a development and/or creative team
Why Join Us
We are a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.